Dust monkey cafe xs 400

Sorry mate , stupid pics wrong way round, u get the idea tho. :eek:

I just want to use some newer parts from other bikes which don't cost the earth!!
This is not a money no object bike , it's a use wot we have wisely bike :)

Cheers Wayne :)

Not a mega update but I do now have my clipons ;)

Can't seem to get in to it at the mo, maybe it's the rubbish weather :(

I have however got the yoke cover all welded up,I like it :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 252
Lol dude there are a few reasons I'm going back to stock, the main one was the rear swing arm just looked to small compared to the big chunky forks

The other was changing the geometry to much, the front has been dropped an with the
Added shortening of the wheelbase with the aprilia forks I think it was just to much :(

The next one I want bigger front an rear swinger so until then I best wait lol :)

So had a good day and got a few bits in paint,
Inspiration has made a come back :)

I'm still not totally sure on the body color but I do know all the hard wear stuff is going a lush satin black ;)

Cheers Wayne
Huuuum for some reason the pics are upside down again,click them an they go good,

I hate technology :mad:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 245
So I'm starting to look at colors, first off the red, I was never going to go red but I'm finding it hard to go with a color that works with the satin black,it's harder than u think

I took a side on pic of the bike an then traced it to paper then ran a few copies :)

Added an exhaust, light,motor and brakes.
If it looks anywhere near this I'm Guna be a happy boy :)

I'm no artist but a few of my little girls pens an off I go :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 241
And this was ment to be a silver :-\

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 239
Lol if I can get the exhaust like that I'd love it :D

An on to the lime green,now I love this but I'm not sure if I have the bottle or not ???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 233
I am not really a bright color person, minus my car which is red, but that green would look tits. That's just my $.02 though. Look forward to see where it goes man.

What about 2 different shades of color. For the frame/bodywork. You could do different accents different places... Yeah I'm weird, you can disregard this haha ;)

Bruno, :)

I'm defo going with frame an body the same,just something a little different from black frames,

My plan is to only have the satin black on all the hardwear an the body color.

May just have a logo somewhere an that's it ;)

Lol I do love the green tho ;D

Cheers Wayne ;)

MJPriceisright said:
the green does look good, but a little too much for my taste. red is always gonna be my choice!

Haha, I dig the green over the red any day myself! It's the BULL effect or something like that...I see red...ha!

MotorbikeBruno said:
Haha, I dig the green over the red any day myself! It's the BULL effect or something like that...I see red...ha!

lol im colorblind so i cant see shit for colors so i always end up with red being my favorite for things..

Lol :D

Well I recon its between the red and green at the moment ???

I think reds , blacks , silvers are "safe" colors,and very nice to , I'm thinking loud and brave at the mo tho ;)
Mind you, I was going to do my car in this green,got a few bits painted an then bottled it lol

Mr MJ , how's yours coming on bud

Cheers guys
Wayne :)

slow but out of my control.... still waiting for the powder pro's to get a match on my front hub color to the already finished rear.. im to the point where i just want them to get it close and get it back to me.. but other than that, tires are in, tanks getting finished, and parts are flowing in.. really need to get it back to a roller so i can start mocking up the rear tail section. the xv750 is moving quick. having the front axle modified at the moment, made handlebar risers, got the protaper fat bars and throttle tube, and got the meatiest set of tires i could find for it.

Lol I know the feeling mate,I've been waiting for wheel spacers to be made so i can mock the rear brake up :mad:

Can u not just have it painted in a 2k paint , it's pretty hard wearing as that's wot your car is done in , I do all my stuff in 2k or epoxy. :)

phat13 said:
Lol I know the feeling mate,I've been waiting for wheel spacers to be made so i can mock the rear brake up :mad:

Can u not just have it painted in a 2k paint , it's pretty hard wearing as that's wot your car is done in , I do all my stuff in 2k or epoxy. :)

id have no idea. just want it done!

Sorry mate, just cos I work as a painter I assume an forget not everyone knows wot I go on about :-\

WeLl if u knew of a local paint shop , they or there paint supplier could color match that pretty quickly, and then paint it for ya,suppose its easier tho to just let your guys get on it hay.

Back
Top Bottom