First Build CB750 and first bike in a looooong time

Archimeech

Hey all,
I've been a lurker and very occasional comment writer on here for a while. I rode little bikes that my friends had back in the late 70's, early 80's, but had over protective parents. Probably, rightfully so, I almost ended my life a few times in the ratrods that I used to throw together that had 4 wheels. I'm sure 2 wheels would have been the end to me when I was younger and much more foolish. I've wanted a bike for a good while now. Getting older and fearing that I will be to ill, old, senile to enjoy life has hit home. I fell in love with the nostalgia and looks of Cafe bikes and am almost done with my first build.

Be gentle, this has all been done on a very low budget I think, to date, I have around $2,800 in this bike:

Attachments

• photo(10).JPG
    photo(10).JPG
    731.7 KB · Views: 255
Soda Blasted the frame and motor, repainted and relined tank, some dual sport tires on the factory wire rims for an aggressive stance.

Attachments

• IMG_3643.JPG
    IMG_3643.JPG
    505.3 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_3644.JPG
    IMG_3644.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 254
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    522.7 KB · Views: 253
  • photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    487.3 KB · Views: 258
  • photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    446.9 KB · Views: 265
  • photo(6).JPG
    photo(6).JPG
    520.3 KB · Views: 263
  • photo(8).JPG
    photo(8).JPG
    565.3 KB · Views: 280
It is coming alone nicely! I know that you are planning a low-budget build, but what are you planning to do? Clip-ons, seat hump, gauges?

That's some nice looking work you are doing there. Also wondering your plan for bars, seat. Might I suggest upgrading those rear shocks? Would make a big difference. Just my dos Lincolns.

thanks, guys. I plan on upgrading all those things but it's going to be baby steps for me.

Seat will be the original pan with some modifications for now. the bucket and tail will come later.
I've got a brand new set of OEM gauges on it and will use the factory handlebars and light for now. I'd like a shorty set of bars, but don't want to drop to clip-ons. I'm a tall guy and have some back issues so I've got to be careful with the stance I ride in.

Shock, I'd like to change over to a mono but again, will take some time

What model dynatec did you go with? And did you get the dynatec coils as well? Did you really notice a big difference in the way it ran? Mine is running fine on stock points but I have been considering a change to dynatec.

Yeah Son!

I went with ACCELL 3.0 Ohm supercoils

The dynatec was the DYNA S ignition system for 60s-70s Honda CBs. yes, it runs so much better. turn the petcock and 10 seconds later it fires up on the first try and purrs like a lion after eating a fat gazelle.

so a few updates to my build.

carved a new seat cushion out of 7lb medium density and got an Upholsterer to cover it with marine grade vinyl.

Attachments

• photo 1(6).JPG
    photo 1(6).JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 522
  • photo 3(3).JPG
    photo 3(3).JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 523
  • photo 4(3).JPG
    photo 4(3).JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 525
  • photo 5(2).JPG
    photo 5(2).JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 549
Seat and fenders mounted. Now just a couple of oil leaks to take care of and a back light to install:

Attachments

• photo 1(5).JPG
    photo 1(5).JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 553
  • photo 2(4).JPG
    photo 2(4).JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 561
Well done. Classic look and a real "riders bike". Really pulled it off there man.

Lots to learn here, newbies.

Back
Top Bottom