Post a pic of your latest purchase

We need a build thread for this GP. I am sure a lot of people will want to watch along.

Good stuff mate.

" If you build it they will come " great idea Brodie , great purchase and for the best reason G P;)

Bought this for $75 on craigslist. Brand new mini bike. Owners daughter crashed it and bent forks. Otherwise new condition. Tomorrow I'll bend the forks back.

grandpaul said:
s-l1600.jpg

3D / Rapid Prototype printer (highly rated) off e-bay, saved $500 over new.

I'm going to make my 5-year-old son his first Robohand, a "Raptor"

NEWPAGERAPTOR.jpg

It will be powered by his wrist motion, and will be modified to accommodate his thumb/finger

412154320.jpg

I'm excited to get started, he's over the moon!
Paul, I cannot express how grateful I am to know there are people like you out there. I also have a hand that does not look or perform as most hands do, and I applaud (cmon you know thats funny) your effort to give your son every benefit that you can. It will be something that helps shape his life. All the best to both of you.

Thanx for your comments, fellows.

Dohc, I can make you a hand with 3 simple measurements. It can then be adapted to suit.

The grip strength is enough to pick up a full soda can, and/or similar tasks. The fact that he has a working "opposable" digit helps a lot more than people with none. A lot of the "strength" of the RoboHand is in the strength of the wearer's ability to apply wrist pressure.

I will do a build thread on facebook, anyone can see it, it will be public.

grandpaul said:
Dohc, I can make you a hand with 3 simple measurements. It can then be adapted to suit.
I do appreciate that, all I can say is wow. My hand is not a great candidate , I have all of my fingers and can manipulate tools and objects very well, just not like most do. Each of the fingers on my right hand are 2-3" shorter than my left, have only 2 joints instead of 3 and the index finger, middle finger and ring finger only move at the first knuckle. Despite that description the fact is that ive been using it to do all kinds of technical stuff for 36 years and am quite comfortable with it now. The only thing that is really an issue for me now is that my left has some arthritis from overuse. Last year i became determined to use the right whenever possible and that has helped immensely.

I can see that your son and many others will greatly benefit from this. Not many dads get to build body parts for their son, what a great way to show him how much you love him.

The childhood memories are never far away. Kindergarten and first grade was rough. This will change something kids think is 'weird' into something they know is very cool. The effects will last a lifetime.

Picked up this 01 zx7r today. Po wrecked it. Only damage was the forks and front wheel and of course the body work. He replaced the forks and front wheels though. Bike has 10k miles and I think I got a hell of a deal at 600$. Has a clean title too

Smokin deal and a great platform for a superbike setup, much later and it's hard to get the upright ride setups :eek:

grandpaul said:
s-l1600.jpg

3D / Rapid Prototype printer (highly rated) off e-bay, saved $500 over new.

I'm going to make my 5-year-old son his first Robohand, a "Raptor"

NEWPAGERAPTOR.jpg

It will be powered by his wrist motion, and will be modified to accommodate his thumb/finger

412154320.jpg

I'm excited to get started, he's over the moon!

your son is a lucky young man to have a pop like you paul
i got a little something in my eyes reading about this must be the dust from sanding.....
you know when i first look at that image of the unit i though goddam you could drive a car in there :D there is nothing to scale it,really ..it would have been epic to firrst post it with some lil platic arrmy men rollin in a halftrack or a sidecar outfit :D
what is the size limit for that unit ? i know nothing about this tech only that it is basically a 3rd axis to an inlkjet printer in principle right ? the material it lays up, is it just for fitting and for making a mold or does the stuff got decent strenth

Looks like a new phone today... Mine after a run through the electric chair lol

491ed5f786900e513c4d126f361f1aec.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xb33bsa said:
what is the size limit for that unit ? i know nothing about this tech only that it is basically a 3rd axis to an inlkjet printer in principle right ? the material it lays up, is it just for fitting and for making a mold or does the stuff got decent strength?

It's about 10x10x12", and the media is PLA or ABS. ABS has a higher meting point (more durable) but prints slower.

The more solid the object, the stronger it is. These hands can survive a hammer whack a little bit better than our actual hands & fingers can.

Possibilities: Iron Man
12592487_485197121690983_8557090717438890776_n.jpg

C3PO
10579983_940390022705453_689839962583242819_n.jpg

Got a setback, the seller hadn't shipped as of Sunday, but I have been assured it will arrive by THIS friday...

RobbyD said:
Picked up this 01 zx7r today. Po wrecked it. Only damage was the forks and front wheel and of course the body work. He replaced the forks and front wheels though. Bike has 10k miles and I think I got a hell of a deal at 600$. Has a clean title too

I love those bikes !!! Thats a steal !

Back
Top Bottom