Honda CG 125 with Fairing?

venari

Hey guys,

I guess you could argue that this is not strictly 'cafe racer' territory but I love the styles of the older racers out there with the retro fairings fitted.

I have an old CG 125 parked out back which I have already done a cafe racer job on. It has the welded seat loop, clubmans, rearsets, big round headlight etc etc etc but what I've really always loved is the look of the classics you see on race days.

Something more like this:
CB350R_1.JPG

So I guess my question is 'where would you start on a project like this?'

Are there many people out there doing this? How hard is it to find a fairing which will fit and to create a frame to hold the fairing in place? I can't imagine it being that difficult right?

There are a few vintage fairing manufacturers. The most popular is probably Airtech Streamlining (http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/). Send the owner a message about your application and he can probably help. To mount the fairing, you will need to come up with fairing stays/brackets to attach the fairing to your frame. I think Airtech may have a universal bracket but I believe most people end up designing their own. Seek out threads of people racing in AHRMA (vintage race organization) and you should get some good ideas.

Back
Top Bottom