Post a pic of your latest purchase

Tim said:
Help me out a bit with the PC8 or other power block type devices. When I wired up my XS650, I did it from scratch and have full lights (H4 bulb), horn, Boyer electronic ignition, standard charging etc. It all runs off a single 10A fuse.

Now, I'm not sure if that means some sensitive things like my Boyer (since swapped out for a Pamco) ignition are less protected from bad things happening say with my lighting circuit or what. What's the advantage of having multiple circuits running off multiple fuses? I can appreciate to a certain degree running individual power supply lines back from the lighting, ignition etc. to a central power block, but aside from having the loads for those circuits running on their own wires back to a larger gauge connection to the fuse/battery, what's the advantage to multiple fuses?

Thinking about it I suppose a short in my lighting circuit could in my case disable my ignition rendering the bike immobile, which would suck. But then again I've never blown the fuse on the road - only when tinkering with the wiring in my shop.

Is that it? Just circuit isolation to keep shorts in one from disabling the entire system?

Exactly.

Let's say my bike has one big assed fuse like the bad old days. If I have a short somewhere in the system, parts will probably release the magic blue smoke before that fuse blows. With multiple fuses, each circuit can have its own suitably rated fuse and if one fuse blows I know which circuit to chase.

bah a simple enough harness can do well enough with one fuse. besides if you made it yourself then it should be fine fir the foreseeable future. I mean, if you did it well that is.

I like the idea of circuit isolation, but then again my XS has been running trouble free on a single 10A fuse for 3 years. Might do 2 fuses on the one I'm wiring up next - one for the ignition and the other for lights (which are the only two main circuits on my current bike anyhow). Just so a silly short in say a headlight switch doesn't stop me from getting home.

B-44 Victor top yoke for my A-65 Spitfire, notice the lack of handle bar risers ;)
Research showed BSA used the same forks, and both are '67s... so I am hoping for a direct swap when the time comes.

Attachments

• triple yoke.jpg
    triple yoke.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,664
Wifey got me this for my birthday this week... cant wait till this snow melts so I can take the bike out and get lost in the woods with this puppy! Now all I need is a stem mount for it.

Attachments

• 2013-03-09 07.01.56.jpg
    2013-03-09 07.01.56.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 523
Very cool lingo - I got to watch a couple of guys working on one of those last weekend - amazing what it can do.

My haul of parts for the XV920 monstrosity has been coming in the last few days - mostly excited about this piece:

PeAwSaFl.jpg

Lingo i bought one of those at the end of november three weeks later still nothing after i called...turn out there was a 6 week back order that hf neg to tell me about. fuckers!! its still on my list. good get now go buy some bandaids

bradj said:
Lingo i bought one of those at the end of november three weeks later still nothing after i called...turn out there was a 6 week back order that hf neg to tell me about. fuckers!! its still on my list. good get now go buy some bandaids

I picked it up last night. I am already seeing its limitations. I think with the shrinker/stretcher I picked up I will be ok for now. When I get done with my seat and fenders, i may look at upgrading. I really want to make a tank.

Rich Ard said:
Very cool lingo - I got to watch a couple of guys working on one of those last weekend - amazing what it can do.

My haul of parts for the XV920 monstrosity has been coming in the last few days - mostly excited about this piece:

PeAwSaFl.jpg

The black thing or the cigarettes? Haha!

Nice catch Von! I hope to have something wide like that in my future house/garage! Is it that color or is it just super dirty? I bet a good wipedown and it would shine up nice!

VonYinzer said:
Yeah... Its gotta be better than my random containers full of tools scattered about. Haha.
I've got a nice tool chest and somehow I STILL end up with random containers full of tools scattered about.

Back
Top Bottom