CL360 Question

onelifeonelove43

Been Around the Block
so i tore down the bottom half of my motor to install a kick start and the cam slipper tensioner is split in to many pieces. I have searched all over for this part and it is proving to be very difficult. i post in the wtb section and am posting here now, so two questions: one is does anyone have one or know of a reproduction and two (not my question) how bad do i need this thing. please keep in mind that i want and if i find will install this part, but my buddy insists that i ask if it is a must have. so dont pass judgment on me, but on him is ok! Thanks guys.

also, if there is a way to make one out of some other size or model that would be acceptable. thanks again

thanks for the reply, i have looked a lot, i found one and it was 100 just for the tensioner and now i noticed i need the slipper. any advice on some odd key words? i have saved a lot of searches to notify if something comes up.

It's a 'must have'
It's also a problem as there doesn't seem to be an alternative.
I've been looking at every tensioner/guide I can find for last several years and will be looking at making something in the future as nothing comes close to matching so far
The only thing to do is check eBay and hope a half decent one turns up

Yeah I was not around a PC at the time, I marked it and then forgot about it, then I have my spare so I wasn't really all that worried about it.

Edit Nuther thing I remembered

I've done business with this guy, he's currently going through some personal stuff but you might send him a message and see if he has it as well.

http://stores.ebay.com/Parts-Bike-Heaven

Does a good deal and has tons of stuff for cheap.

Thanks guys, i have been contacting people that you have listed and hope fore good replys. Is this normal? The bike has 5800 original miles.

Not normal at low miles
Shows it wasn't serviced, it happens when cam chain is left loose. (Nothing changes, 35 yrs and shops are still 'too expensive')
It's really the reason all vehicles are pretty much foolproof if you keep clean oil in them (warranty and insurance claims get real expensive real quick)
At least you have modified tensioner blade.
Lack of servicing was reason for recall and modified tensioner

The guy I just got it from a few days ago said that he got it from a kid who got it off and eBay so pretty much a big circle jerk and I caught the bukaki. Can't believe I just said that but I'm sure we all know how it feels. Figuratively speeding of course! It was a disaster in there but surprisingly no damage to any other parts. Can't wait to see what will "pop" up next.

It's a learning cliff, (curve is smaller and smoother ;D )
360's are a bunch of fun when running right
Probably just as well I have no idea what you said, I get the general drift that you got screwed though, happens to almost everyone at some time
Just Googled it, wish I hadn't :-[

crazypj said:
Probably just as well I have no idea what you said, I get the general drift that you got screwed though, happens to almost everyone at some time
Just Googled it, wish I hadn't :-[

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well shit i just blew coffee all over my desk. ;D

If its serviced, they seem to hold up pretty good.
Personally, I've never had one break.
I think it may be more of a US problem as small motorcycles were/are often seen as 'disposable'
I still see it with 600cc, 100bhp sportbikes 'Perfect learner machine' ::)

so on that note. anyone want to sell some spares if they have any they are willing to part with. i will pay almost top dollar ;D

If I can modify the Yamaha one I have I'll sell the Honda one.
Won't be for at least a week though

You know, as a silly thought, what about taking one and drawing it out on say one of those white cutting boards and then just cutting it out of it on a band saw and using that. The front one is there to keep the chain from slapping the case right? No real pressure per say right and least not like the back blade?

If I can get two really good one, I'm gonna take them to my buddy and see what he can do to reproduce them. I would like to put and end to this drought.

LoganCreed said:
If I can get two really good one, I'm gonna take them to my buddy and see what he can do to reproduce them. I would like to put and end to this drought.
PM me. I have a guy in NC that has a bunch of 360 parts. He might have what you need. I am about to buy a complete head from him for the 360 I am rebuilding. Solid guy with lots of knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom