CB500 Bombler (Bobber scrambler) build

Re: CB500 Bob/brat scrambler build w/ pics

I dig the hardtail a lot more than the extended swinger, sir. Looking very good.

CB500 Bob/brat scrambler build w/ pics

Here's how she sits now.
a693481e-0584-7f0b.jpg

bosssss.
this build is fun as hell. can't wait to see it done

few more pics, I love when the things you imagine of a project come to fruition.

99de2290.jpg

d36f7e66.jpg

Made some pretty good progress this weekend. Finished welding up the frame and all of the future mounting tabs, as well as paint.
a1ab3cb5.jpg

I was thinking of painting it a dark green, or blue.... Which one do you guys think would look better

2beca9e6.jpg

I see that you are running non-adjustable axle plates.

Are you going to run a chain tensioner?

Waiting on parts to come in before i can finish it up, decided I wanted raised white lettering on the tires, not quite finished but I like it and the stuff i used seems pretty damn durable (Sharpie Mean streak). I'll update later on how well it holds up.

6b2bf965.jpg

wow awesome hard tail this build is looking epic mate. have you got indicators lined up if not i just picked these up for my build and think they may look killer on this build.

http://www.thirdgear.com.au/products/Chopper-Mini-Speeder-Motorcycle-Indicators.html

Deepwater, thank you, those are F'ing sweet, I haven't gotten to the indicators or lights yet, just speedo and building a battery box out of one of my 5.56 ammo cans. How/where are you mounting the rear turn signals?

I’m looking at straight onto the frame close to the seat like silvergrau did on his cm400t so I’ve got it easy mate. having a hard tail is slightly harder i think keep them low for a hard tail.

what parts are you still waiting on???

Small things that keep popping up, new brake lines, brakes, lights. Still have to make the rectifier, battery box, brake stay (forgot.... like an idiot), find a place to mount the new dyna mini coils, etc. All small stuff but it seems to add up so quick and take the longest, EVERYTIME! Then I will eventually need to fab a fender and throw some paint on it, but she's definitely going to get ridden around before then.

Sweet! Between you and Vonyinzer's bike i now know what I want as my next project.(And I never thought I would want one!)

I know exactly how you feel, thats why I scrapped my prior progress altogether, once you even start thinking of that hardtail it basically consumes you. Same reasons we love the cafe; simple, classic and clean lines.

Been making steady progress and the end is in sight, "just some wiring and tuning" anyway, here we go...

modified ammo can houses battery and on the bottom of the lid the reg/rectifier starter and wiring
972b4385.jpg

Had to make some new brake linkages due to the hardtail. Just welded a new curved arm on the brake actuator so that it would wrap over the center brace and get a good full pull without going passed 90 deg. Still used the stock brake stay and just made the new linkage rod from 1/4 steel that i threaded at the end and put stainless tubing around it to avoid flexing.
e83eab98.jpg

10d10fd3.jpg

Chain tensioner...Simple and effective, thats just strap steel that I cut a notch in so as to slide the wheel up and down as needed.
c1a9eff7.jpg

I have always wanted the classic cloth wrapped plug wires, but everywhere I looked, I couldn't justify paying an arm and a leg, so I made some.
8c0a6a0c.jpg

Look familiar? Bought wire, rope and clear heat shrink. Removed the inside of the rope, pulled it over the plug wires, put the heat shrink on for protection! I think it looks tits, not to mention you can make any color you want, If anyone is interested I would be inclined to do a write up.
50f6cc0b.jpg

I have a question for anyone in the know on these, they were in a busket o parts and I liked them, But now its time for wiring and I dont know what the starter and turn signal switches came from.... Any insight?
I also did a test paint on the tank to see what it would look like, I likes it.

f5195f31.jpg

A close up of the turn signal switch

f3d84692.jpg

And thiiiisss is where I am currently
2915aad9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom