2013 Royal Enfield Cafe Racer - anyone seen these yet?

beachcomber said:
A British tuned 500 Indian Bullet reached 112 mph 2 years ago [ officially timed ]. Cafe Racer'd and with a small Avon half fairing.

My own "Race " Bullet [ 500 ] topped out in the flying kilo at 111.8 mph back in 1968.
I'll dig out some details.

BTW - when the current CEO took over there was talk of resurrecting the 700 Constellation they had been working on around 1999. ............................. oh er.

Oh, yeah, the old engines can go over the Ton pretty well with some work. It's the new unit engines that, while marginally faster and definitely more reliable off the factory floor, are not gonna do it.

The only two bikes I've ever owned are Enfields, so I'm not trashing them. It's just that the UCE powerplant is not currently going to do the Ton no matter how much you like it. I'm interested to see what Ace can come up with for it.

According to their Yahoo forum, they just got the initial flow bench results back and are mulling it all over, and wondering whether to try and keep the fuel injection or retrofit a carb.

Me? I sold my unit bike and have a 1977 I'm trying to breathe some life into.

I like it! I also like the chrome one! I'd change a few little things, but it is a step in the right direction!

For a stock motor I can only say that I love the looks. I would never want a single as a cafe racer, because the engine character of a single is not racy in anyway (imho).

I do own an Enfield. A '76 350cc Indian Bullet. I turned it into a scrambler and it's a hell of a lot of fun off road.

My Enfield (not yet finished, I slabbed it together last summer just to be able to ride, I'll improve it this winter)

IMG_9103.jpg

IMG_9199.jpg

A very nice video (not mine) showing nicely what Enfields are very good at:

http://youtu.be/FkhW5WtGaQw

miob said:
I would never want a single as a cafe racer, because the engine character of a single is not racy in anyway (imho).

BSA Gold Star, anyone?

Edit: Knew the Enfield guys would come out of the closet soon...good to see you guys over here. Two of my favorite bikes from the Enfield forum there.

grancuda said:
Stumbled across a Royal Enfield Cafe Racer that they have came out with for 2013. Looks pretty cool but I doubt it has any performance updates.

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcd/3405473594.html

found more info
http://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/2012/01/royal-enfield-cafe-racer.html

Dont care for the rear end, the rest looks good.

+1

check out a Drixton Aermacchi or a late model 7R or a Petty Manx and tell me they are not sporty.

fvtenfanatic said:
I like the new Enfield Cafe Racer, but I still like mine alot better!

It's like a classic Mustang vs. a modern Mustang IMHO. Both have their advantages, but only one is the real deal from way back, for both better and worse.

However, only one is gonna pass modern emission standards, too, so there's no way to sell the old Enfield engines off the showroom floor anymore.

The prototyping for the frame was done by British company Harris.

Personally I'd have gone with a BSA single [ Goldie ] styled frame with modern bits - forks, brakes, etc.

Hitchcock's sell all the bits to make the Indian Bullets very rapid - and from an emmissions point - illegal ! However, we don't have that kind of Policing problem in the UK [ yet ! ]

Hmmmmm my 1969 Boss 429 Nascar or a modern Mustang ................yep I'll take the Boss 429.

img092-1.jpg

You guys can name as many singles as you want, I'll never find the engine character of a single cylinder engine 'racy'. And I am always right of course :p

miob said:
You guys can name as many singles as you want, I'll never find the engine character of a single cylinder engine 'racy'. And I am always right of course :p

And that's why this hobby of ours is so great - diversity of rides and opinions. Room for all.

miob said:
You guys can name as many singles as you want, I'll never find the engine character of a single cylinder engine 'racy'.

Bad news boys, your bikes arent "Racy". Go find some twins.

dungey-craig-holeshot-redbud_CM4C4470.jpg

Back
Top Bottom