$#@*#@ Insurance Company!

butterflymethane

Been Around the Block
...so I get in the mail today from the actual insurance company basically saying that my policy isn't in effect b/c my insurance agent, when the application was sent in, did not write on the application what Insurance Broker was involved.

My take on that is if I was to have gotten in an accident or whatever, that I would have been royally SCREWED!!!! So I paid in full to the broker, but the insurance company somehow took 2 months to discover this error. WTF.

freekin frakkin grumble grumble stooooopid people! :mad:

...rant over...now i'm going to eat shortbread cookies! bhahahahahha noel bhahahhaa :eek: j/k

Well spill the beano - who's the broker? Hopefully not good ol' JR Duffy (which I thought of when you said 'paid in full' given their up-front payment policy).

Makes me wonder about my own insurance - worth checking in with Jevco.

I think push come to shove you would have been ok, but no question a big no-no on the part of the broker. No doubt an insurance company will do everything in their power to not pay out on a claim, and this would have snagged things up.

Now, the real issue at hand is how on earth you get mail delivered on a Saturday?

Tintin said:
I think push come to shove you would have been ok, but no question a big no-no on the part of the broker.

there is no pushing the insurance companies. I'd almost guarantee if you had an accident during this time period, they wouldn't have paid. simple error or not... one of my brothers got screwed a few years ago on a technicality from a company he had been paying premiums to for years, cost him thousands. American Family Ins. for those here in the states, beware, they really don't care.

Ugh...thats my insurance carrier, on everything...hrmmm *note to self, call insurance company monday*

Well, the broker wasn't Duffy, but the insurance company was Jevco...and either way, there ain't no pushing the insurance company to pay out unless you had some spanking huge wallet to pay a lawyer to win for you. Hopefully this matter will be cleared up, otherwise I guess I will just cry and ask for my money back, which probably won't happen either.

Back
Top Bottom