Can I do a compression test on the bench.

ryan_289

I got the bottom case buttoned up last night and the engine is currently sitting on the bench with the side covers still off. Can I use the kick start and get a compression reading or does it need to go all back together to do this?

76 CB360.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

probably impossible to get a accurate compression reading with a kick starter, as you need to crank it repeatedly.if its a fresh build I wouldn't crank it over without oil in it, but you can bench test. just hook your starter up to the relay and bench test as much as you want. Also its a good way to prelube the engine and to check to make sure top end is getting oil.

doc_rot said:
but you can bench test. just hook your starter up to the relay and bench test as much as you want. Also its a good way to prelube the engine and to check to make sure top end is getting oil.

+1. though readings could be a bit low, if you've done new rings and all.

Yea it's a no go on trying it with the kickstarter on the bench. Glad I tried it though. When I went to tap the kick lever off the shaft the whole shaft came out the snap ring must not have been in the groove completely. Bad news is I get to split the case again. The positive I will take from this is that it happened now and nor after I got everything all back in frame.

I haven't rebuilt the top end. It was stuck when I got it but is free now. I know the right way is to go ahead and rebuild the top end. I was just hoping to get lucky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom