Venduro DT360 build

How about this , I build my bike the way I want it and you can go build your own , that works for me, if I was doing something that was unsafe or something that would get me or someone else killed, that's one thing, then by all means tell me, but Jeebus we are talking about fender placement here, damn I will be glad when Winter is over now run on along a play in the snow.......................... ;)

Refer to the last sentence of my last post, yeah I meant that, see ya !

If your eye was as good as you thought it was you would clearly see the fender is in as close a position to a stock DT fender as it can possibly get ,and that the stock DT fender in no way follows the curvature of the rear wheel.

I have seen your harsh scathing posts in other threads here, seems to me you need to lighten up Francis !

I think just rotating it around the wheek to give it a shorter look would do the trick. That is how the DT appears to me. With the rear fender coming down to the swing arm and the back being near parallel with the sub frame.

Erskine said:
He's right you know, it needs to move forward by a couple of inches.

Whether he is right or not is not the issue here, he stated his opinion, I stated mine,the manner in which he demanded I fix it now is the issue here.

pull the spring off the shock and collapse the rear and you'll see just where it needs to be.

or do it your way.

To all the guys who have input lately on this thread, if you have constructive input by all means post up and I will gladly listen all day long, when you post on here like XB33BSA did not so much.

To clarify when you say just move this or that, its not a simple matter of unbolting and moving a fender, the brace is already welded in, I can fire up the plasma cutter cut it out and reweld it and I may do just that. If you rotate the fender down then the taillight angle is off, I just spent a lot of time cutting that apart , I sectioned it and welded it back together to get the proper angle, I don't think the tailight would survive another attempt.

Now as for recommending I remove the spring and collapse the suspension, really, have you ever actually removed the spring from a Yamaha monoshock, I am thinking probably not, if anything you would just remove the shock and work the suspension through its travel, you really need to think before you post.

forum
ˈfɔːrəm/Submit
noun
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

If you don't want to hear what the planet thinks of your build, don't put it on the world wide web.

There are several ways to get your point across, some are deemed acceptable, some are not, that is all I am saying. In another recent thread here the guy quit posting all together because of BS posted on his thread, , if the goal here is to run newbies off some are doing a great job, if that's not the goal maybe they need to think about what they post before spewing it all over someones thread.

One more thing just because many here tolerate rude and offensive posts and behavior it does not mean I will , everyone here has their own level of tolerance for crap.If you don't stand up for something you will probably fall for anything.

It isn't the fender looking like shit it's the giant tail light.m Fit a smaller light.
Even so, fender hanging off the back looking like shit is way better than being covered in shit from too short a fender ;D

xb33bsa said:
looknig good, but the rear fender is quite a bit too far back,it should be set up to fit the wheel/tire,evenly on full suspension travel

this offends you?

xb33bsa said:
yours dont look right too far back get it right now

attachment.php

No but the above quoted post does, I am guessing a few of you missed my design credentials, saying this or that looks like shit is IMO not being helpful .
I have already laid out what parts I will be using and what the design credentials are for this build, expressing your personal opinion is all fine and good but in the end the taillight stays, why , because that's the way I want it, the fender may get moved and that's pretty much that, now we can go on and on about it for a few more pages if you like.

wfo speedracer said:
Now as for recommending I remove the spring and collapse the suspension, really, have you ever actually removed the spring from a Yamaha monoshock, I am thinking probably not, if anything you would just remove the shock and work the suspension through its travel, you really need to think before you post.

not yamahas, as i don't work on them. i have removed springs from lots of single shock ducati shocks though. pretty easy with the right tools.

it was just a suggestion, based on info you and others had posted. i thought it might give everyone a visual to bring your point across. or not as such. my apologies on offending you.

Your suggestion has not offended me, the build plan is all laid out on the second post of this thread. I copied and pasted it below, I have only slightly deviated from this original plan by using a different seat and I eliminated the turn signals in lieu of reflector LED's. The DT's came with reflectors stock, so I see that as more an omission of unnecessary parts than a deviation.

Yes I am aware I am posting this on a public forum, that is so you can follow along and see how I built it as not many of these type bikes exist to my knowledge. You can tell me how you would do it, tell me it looks like crap etc,just don't expect me to deviate from my original plan.

Now if you want to come by and teach me to tig weld, come on, I will buy the beer, other than that I have been building and repairing bikes since 1981, I got this !

A couple of differences in my build, I won't be using a Benelli tank, It is a good looking tank but I feel it's been way overdone at this point So I will be using a stock 750 tank which is similar in shape and size to a DT360 tank, a original DT 360 rear fender, headlight mounts and bucket, footpegs, taillight, turn signals , replica seat and handlebars.

Those are some of the items I did not like about Gregs build, I still think the above bike is amazing but it's Gregs design, this one is mine and I want it like I want it. ]I want a seat you can actually sit on and the bike to be stockish looking like Yamaha could have actually built it if they wanted to.

I will stay with the stock mag rims right now due to the complexity and expense of changing over to spoke rims on the first gen Viragos. I have dual discs on my bike since it is an 82 model, I will be keeping those

That looks neater. Looks closer to the lines of the DT. But that is just my opinion. Nice work mate.

Always seems to amaze me how much moving something 2 inches or rotating it a little will do for the look of the bike.

Back
Top Bottom