Build: Softail Bobber

Oil tank fits, and handlebar is comfortable:

DSC00234_zpst48mlr3m.jpg

DSC00240_zpsjsrvmnvq.jpg

DSC00239_zpstcb7h4yw.jpg

Kraft Tech K90076 Oil Tank, center fill / Handlebar OEM HD #56102-99.

I actually thought about doing that with mine after this happened.

I figured I could cut the fender just above the damage, and go with it.

The insurance took care of it. So, I'm still thinking of working the fender to see what I come up with.

But, I sure do like the way your bike is turning out. At least you are staying with it, and you're working quick.

Attachments

• IMG094 2.jpg
    IMG094 2.jpg
    834.1 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG098 2.jpg
    IMG098 2.jpg
    854.9 KB · Views: 384
hillsy said:
Scratch that - I thought you were running a hardtail for a moment there....
Haha the title is soft tail bobber =)

hillsy said:
Probably a bit late now that you're this far in but I think you should lower the rear guard.

I was thinking the same thing, but involved mounting to the swinger rather than just lowering

coyote13 said:
I was thinking the same thing, but involved mounting to the swinger rather than just lowering

That's why I said to scrap the idea - pretty easy to do on a hardtail but on a softail it's a bit more problematic.

Not really all that difficult to mount fender to rear swingarm, worst is cutting off the fender struts from frame. Scoot settles about an inch on the suspension when on the ground, and there is about three inches of travel remaining, so the fender stays where it is.

roddenby51 said:
Not really all that difficult to mount fender to rear swingarm, worst is cutting off the fender struts from frame. Scoot settles about an inch on the suspension when on the ground, and there is about three inches of travel remaining, so the fender stays where it is.

I meant it's more problematic with hanging your brake light, etc off the swingarm and the bumps blowing out lamps as well as adding big amounts of unsprung weight.

Still think it looks a bit weird with the gap between the fender and the tyre....but if it works, it works.

Carry on 8)

Controls connected, VOES installed (S&S anti-knock system), lambda (o2) sensor ports plugged in header, exhaust header temporarily installed:

DSC00245_zpsvv1sldkj.jpg

Exhaust header (Dragos Dragula 3-step) is ceramic coated inside and out, (not chrome) black heat shields will cover header for an all black exhaust system.

Cool cool man. You'll be in the wind before to long eh?

hurco550 said:
Cool cool man. You'll be in the wind before to long eh?
It feels close... lots of little details before the first ride. Still a certain amount of put it together, take it apart, like needing the header in place to check oil line positions. Much has Loctite and been torqued, won't be too long before I drop a battery in and rivet the chain.

Sh1t, as hot as it is here, those small fans do nothing more than blow hot air.

So, that is why I'm in the air conditioner typing this.

roddenby51 said:
Exhaust system... Dragos Dragula 3-step pipes/header, heat shields, and muffler:

DSC00250_zpsr6k98rfb.jpg

Sum Beech man...........that freaking thing looks bad to the bone.

Those pipes are bad azz?

I may just put some on my Softail.

Battery installed, oil lines installed, engine oil, transmission lube... Starter test, bendix engages and disengages properly, starter spins engine, oil pump primed, oil flowing through engine.

IMG_0447_zpsakltmfwy.jpg

These are the lines of this scoot... little will change as the project is completed.

7 July 2015... first start for S&S V111 Evo engine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCuxq7Lp5JM

Back
Top Bottom