1983 KZ1000P build ... MUTT #3

canyoncarver said:
That would get my vote. "Streetfighter" respects that engine more than any cruiser/bob thingy.
It's growing on me... , lifted it up so that the shock is stock length at 13.5" and this is what it looks like ... delete the fender and it'll look badass! haha

ff350a93d2c8aed2ef64640de75930ad.jpg

ahhahah you see you have been going about the process bass akwards.. if you modify a bike to at least keep similar to stock handling or better yet improved handling it will always look good.and it will even look better to you after a fun ride on some curvy roads
modifying a bike to be less of a machine than original always ends up an ugly machine nothing worse looking to us that know what makes a bike work than one that has been dropped in the rear... kinda like a dog skiddling tail acrost the carpet or a thug with a hoodie and his pants hanging down, you just know 'is behavior is gonna be bad

xb33bsa said:
ahhahah you see you have been going about the process bass akwards.. if you modify a bike to at least keep similar to stock handling or better yet improved handling it will always look good.and it will even look better to you after a fun ride on some curvy roads
modifying a bike to be less of a machine than original always ends up an ugly machine nothing worse looking to us that know what makes a bike work than one that has been dropped in the rear... kinda like a dog skiddling tail acrost the carpet or a thug with a hoodie and his pants hanging down, you just know 'is behavior is gonna be bad
I'm a stobborn SOB! HAHA, yeah I see your point ... I accept that I was an idiot and now see the light!

Mean Green Z28 said:
It's growing on me...
emoji41.png
, lifted it up so that the shock is stock length at 13.5" and this is what it looks like ... delete the fender and it'll look badass! haha

ff350a93d2c8aed2ef64640de75930ad.jpg

I dig the short fender tail just like you have in this pic. Nice lines to me. Even the pipes work as 4-2 but maybe two new cans or cones instead of the slash cuts. It's a cool bike.

I know the pic is just a bit of a mockup and it's not sitting exactly right. I do agree with some of the previous comments that you might want to keep track of which way and how far off stock your rear and front suspension changes go. It will really change the the way that bike will handle at speed.

Extreme example of how to go low in the seat without loosing suspension travel for short leggers. Also a proper KZ has a Duck Bill or a GPZ tail section, but this little fender you have does pass for some reason :eek:

002.jpg

Mean Green Z28 said:
^ it's the original tail from the Police version

That tail was on almost every KZ 4 built in the 70's mang :eek: It's on my 76 and it will (most of it) be on it when done 8)

Tune-A-Fish said:
That tail was on almost every KZ 4 built in the 70's mang :eek: It's on my 76 and it will (most of it) be on it when done 8)
Oh now I see it. I guess the police didn't have the rest of it ha

ugly as a mud fence in the rain now, but it's got title and all mine /;

Attachments

• IMG_20150411_153928817.jpg
    IMG_20150411_153928817.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 340
I got these Kayaba Nighthawk S shockers off eBay $40 TMD just need to bush en to fit. If you want the good shit XB33 has sweet reman stuff for a fair price.

index.php

hmm, can't really afford $400+ shocks right now. Have seen some stock shocks on ebay such this ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Kawasaki-KZ1000K-KZ1000-KZ-1000-rear-shocks-/291198308790?vxp=mtr&hash=item43ccc591b6 ... that I may get until I can spring for some good stuff

Price is right! they seem dry so that's a bonus, cleaned up should be fine till they leak... if ever.

Sold the old set for real cheap on ebay ... they weren't doing me any good.

However, I've noticed that after leaving a bike sitting for a long while, my front calipers are leaking. .. ugh I guess it's rebuild kit time

Back
Top Bottom