Suzuki Savage Roadster

TripleKing

Been Around the Block
I am getting the itch to build a roadster. The Suzuki Savage seems like an affordable candidate, but I want the roadster for a usable weekend bike. I am not certain if 650 Thumper would be powerful enough to be enjoyable. I am not looking for a speed burner, but my current weekend pleasure ride is a 1979 CB400 Hawk. I would want similar performance, at least within legal limits. Any Savage experience that anyone wishes to share would be most appreciated.

Savage has more umph than the 400T. I had a 400t as my first bike, I took my road test on the S40. The 650 will give you more grunt down low and about the same top speed as the 400. make sure you get the 5 speed transmission though, the early savages are 4 speed and are no good for any freeway or roads higher than 60 MPH.

Cheers

I figured it would have more torque, but since it is also heavier, I was wondering just how much "oomph" it had, in real terms. I have someone interested in my CB400 and there are a few potential Savages for sale in my area, but I have to sell the CB before buying the Savage and I won't sell the CB unless I am sold on its replacement.

Thanks for your input. It is much appreciated.

Kool I liked the torque on the savage and I loved my 400t that became a 450T. The savage isn't much heavier and up to about 80 it will take the twin, then the twin wins till the ton.

My 400T (slightly massaged) would toast the Savage after the 1/8th mile mark, but that is assuming that I left the Savage alone. I have buyers for both the 400 and my 71 T250, but I am having difficulty parting with them.

Subscribed for a savage build. Looking at doing the same. Been wanting a thumper and kinda crave the comfort of a bobber for a laid back ride. The light weight of the s40 savage is a huge plus for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a side note I am looking at the Ryca kit because of my time and lack of welding experience. While I could learn, I've passed the point of wanting to figure certain things out and having the time. There are also some cool pro, weld on and full frame kits from Voodoo Vintage that might interest you... And they have some serious front end kits but bring your wallet for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom