2into1 CB175 Exhaust or 1-3/4" to 1-1/2" 2 into 1 Y-Pipe Anywhere?

1sttimer

Over 1,000 Posts
Hey Guys, I'm going to attempt to build my own 2-1 exhaust for my 73' cb175 and I'm looking for a Y-pipe that will take two 1-3/8" inlets into one 1-1/2" outlet so I can fit a universal muffler from DCC.

If anyone has anything like this or a location to order one let me know.

Also, I have limited welding skills but refuse to fork out $600 to Poor Bastard (only company I can find that makes them for the 175) for a "manufactured" one even though they are awesome as hell.

Also, anyone make 2-1's for these bikes? I would be interested in just purchasing one as well if mine doesnt work out and the price is right.

Thanks!

There are no 2-1 aftermarket pipes for the 175s that I know of besides the rare Hooker header pipes floating around ($$$). However, thanks to the magic of DTT you can read a thread where a member made a 2-1 y-pipe for his CB175 using some mandrel bends available cheaply online. From the sounds of it, limited welding skills would be enough to get you there. Here's the link: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=47394.0

Burner, unfortunately I found the same results. I will look into that thread. Thanks!

Teazer, you out there? I sent you a PM if you still make these things.

look up your local indendent auto muffler shop
one of those guys could fab you up one off a chalk drawing on the shop floor

Thanks for the info guys. I've been digging through cone engineerings site and their collectors seem much more reasonably priced than mandrel bends. Mandrel has cheaper prices on straight tubing and 180's. Can anyone recommend how much of each I may need? I'm thinking 4 feet of straight and 2 180-degree bends plus the collector should be enough...even if I have to do some pie slice sections to make a 45 or 90 bend?

I'm thinking of just slicing off the header about and inch from the curled lip at the cylinder head and start welding from there. That way I don't have to worry about replicating that curled edge.

The ID of the primary pipes coming off the head should be equal size or just barely larger that the ID of the exhaust port. Too large allows the exhaust gas column to slow down causing the same effect as restricting the exhaust.
The primary pipe length need to be tuned to the exhaust cam duration

Back
Top Bottom