'94 CB1000F Endurance Race-Rep

Thanks duders! Cases got nice and clean-like in the tank today so I'm shooting for getting the bike on the bench and prepped for engine evacuation sometime Sunday. Dealer cost on all of the gaskets and bearings I need for this little endeavor are a bit over $200... damn. Right now my plan will be to get the bottom end switched over first since that only requires several crankshaft bearings, then hopefully save a few pennies for the rest of the needed gaskets. As always, I'll try to snap pretty pictures along the way. Thanks for tuning in fellas

bob.

hey now, I havent been sleeping on the progress, only lazy in updating this here thread. Allow me to fill you in:

Engine evacuation:
photo2_zps9cfaadf0.jpg

Fat engine in a little crate...
image3_zps1bc7d05f.jpeg

at work, on the stand, quickly shedding parts
image_zps06ac8793.jpeg

image_2_zpsacf912c2.jpeg

image_1_zps2d1744a8.jpeg

photo_zps0754aeb5.jpg

Taped up the "new" cases and layed down some VHT engine paint. Friggin identical color to OEM, very pleased.
image2_zpsf8c17b69.jpeg

Now I'm just looking for a place to cook the paint on the cases to cure/harden them before reassembly. All gaskets and bearing are ordered up and waiting for install so hopefully its a speedy rebuild once the cases are cooked. Then tricking someone again into lugging this monster back into the frame...

bob.

Well thanks to fellow member Pmbjngls22, I just received my long awaiting dual headlights. One small step closer...

photo-1_zps17e4e9f5.jpg

now to trick the wife into letting me in the garage...

bob.

better plan, trick my mother in law into babysitting...

Split my glorious garage time between the beemer and my CB. Got the beemer running, new plugs, and flushed out the gas tank, slapped her on and took a spin around the backyard, also got all the lights working properly.

As for the CB, finally broke down and cleaned up the gas tank a....errrrr....a bit...
image4_zps6edc3c01.jpeg

image_12_zps0120b2c9.jpeg

image_22_zpsfc142360.jpeg

Need to fix a couple small pinholes and then a light brush finish topped off with some clear coat. Black vinyl HONDA in the stock design and location will finish it off.

Also found a tricky solution to eliminating the stupid noise dampening chamber in my exhaust. I knew those cheap-o emgo mufflers would come in handy someday. Both diameters I need to match to make a patch between the header and end pipe line up perfectly with the emgo design. Who woulda thunk? Little grind 'n weld should make this thing growl real nice like.
image5_zpsf369686c.jpeg

image_13_zps0d12b0bb.jpeg

enigne updates in the near future.

bob.

slowly but surely the engine is taking shape once again.

Starting freshy fresh
image_14_zps0c29b35e.jpeg

Bottom end in place, cleaned pistons and a fresh hone
image6_zpscce21dfd.jpeg

off today but hope to have the head installed by this weekend

bob.

Well, didn't take any pics today but the head is on, cams in, gearshift mechanism with Factory Pro shift detent kit installed. Tomorrow is clutch and hopefully oil pump and pan.... we'll see.

Dont think I posted this before but I Dyno'd the beast before tearing it down to get a baseline to compare to any further mods I might do. I was hoping for 100 HP's and thats what I got. Feeling good about the torque #'s too. Looking a tad rich above about 6,000 RPM so I'll see what I can do about introducing some more air into the equation. Granted this was a 4th gear roll on, full throttle so I'll want to strap it down on the dyno again and get readings for normal operation, driving around to see whats going on in real life.

Until next time folks

bob.

oh, hello. Been a bit busy being a grown up lately so updating this here thread has gone by the wayside. Alas, I've been busy. Most notably riding the wheels off this here scoot, which is running better and stronger than ever. No leaks, idles smoother, and sounds like a wooly mammoth in heat (everyone knows that sound, right?) Anywho, here's se update since last post:

So dark and mysterious sulking in the shadows waiting for a 998cc heart transplant
IMG_1454_zpsada27a5c.jpg

kinda just waved my fingers around and all of the sudden it was in the frame, amazing!
IMG_1458_zpsa9eee29b.jpg

Not a true test fire unless you "forget" the muffler

BAM

Since them I've got about 600+ miles into the rebuilt motor, runs amazing, lightyears smoother than pre-rebuild. Plus, no oil leak to worry about. I've patched the small pinholes in the gas tank and upgraded the taillight for more safetyness. Next up is paint and vinyl, followed by installing the new headlight setup hopefully. Already collecting parts for this winters top end CBR1000 swap. More on that later.

Hopefully get more higher quality shots up here soon.

cheers

bob.

BAM
IMG_1465_zps5dfe3734.jpg

IMG_1468_zpsa9e182ca.jpg

Since them I've got about 600+ miles into the rebuilt motor, runs amazing, lightyears smoother than pre-rebuild. Plus, no oil leak to worry about. I've patched the small pinholes in the gas tank and upgraded the taillight for more safetyness. Next up is paint and vinyl, followed by installing the new headlight setup hopefully. Already collecting parts for this winters top end CBR1000 swap. More on that later.

Hopefully get more higher quality shots up here soon.

cheers

bob.

Nice Bobert. I'd ride that across the country for sure, however now that you have parental responsibilities that gets harder LOL at least it still looks like fun to get to and from work on too.

Cheers

Maritime

Damn that looks nice - I especially love the tank. It's getting really hard to resist giving a similar treatment to my 900...

Back
Top Bottom