Honda Clutch nut socket

ronnie

Calm down and sail on
I have a 400f engine, I attempted to make a socket to fit the clutch nut. I need to get the nut off so I can put my new plates in and get to some shift arms behind the clutch basket. Does anyone have this socket that I could buy/borrow/rent? I know they have them on line but they are stupid expensive.

There's a diagram linked in my build tgread from 'the fang' or some thing

Yea I already took a grinder to one socket haha! I just don't want to ruin another one.

Richard, thanks ill look into it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've got one I can mail in your direction. They're only like $10 from the Honda dealership though.

Oh really? I looked online and saw some for 70-80.. I get home Tues. If the Honda place in town doesn't have it I'll let you know. Actually I'll give them a call tomorrow. Is there a part number for that or can I just tell them the deets of what I need? The latter usually works haha

Hey man, i might have one thats the wrong size for what i bought it for, what inner diameter and how many teeth?

Re: Re: Honda Clutch nut socket

Sonreir said:
I've got one I can mail in your direction. They're only like $10 from the Honda dealership though.

I also made mine after seeing the high prices online and later discovered I could have picked one up this cheap. Done learned me ta comparison shop.

It's an 15/16 socket or 28mm tube from Richards diagram..

Sonreir, I'll call in the morning and see if they stock it.

This isn't the same is it?
http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-tools-oem-honda-oil-filter-wrench-tool-54-08-0015.html

Sonreir said:
I'm about 90% certain the number is 07916-283000

Well I called a dealer and that number wasn't right.. I might just have to go to the shop, the lady on the phone didn't seem to knowledgeable about anything other than what was on the computer screen. I'll pay shipping if you still willing to let me borrow it..

How soon do you need it? I can send it Priority Mail and have it there on Tuesday or so. $6.
First class takes a day or two longer and runs about $3.

surffly said:
Motion Pro has all of those types of tools in the catalog.
Cheap too

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/tools/category/tools/#/motorcycle/partno/08-0015/

If it's this, I'll buy it now.. Looks right, I guess it's mainly considered an oil filter socket. First one I have seen that says clutch too..

Sonreir said:
How soon do you need it? I can send it Priority Mail and have it there on Tuesday or so. $6.
First class takes a day or two longer and runs about $3.

Tuesday would be good, as I get off the ship Tues. But if that is the part at motion Pro ill just get that so ill have my own. But seriously, I really appreciate it sonreir... Says a lot.

Ordered one, thanks fellas! Finally knock out that clutch!

Back
Top Bottom