Welder

azn_15317

Hey guys,
Trying to buy my first welder and cant decide between lincoln handy mig welder or Eastwood 135 mig welder. Anyone work with either one?

Thanks

Pff... i can only tell you that either one is probably ok. Go for the one with the widest amp range so you can do different kind of jobs. Get one with a separate gasbottle and not the filled-gas wire.

Do you have any more info on both? I cant seem to find any info for either one.

Check out Hobart Handler 140. Can use flux core wire or use shielding gas, comes with everything you need to set up for gas too. About the most power you can run off of 110v as well. Can't really go wrong for under $500

Eastwood has good reviews but downside is if you need any servicing it has to be sent in

Make sure the current setting knob has infinite control rather than steps. My Lincoln SP125 has 10 levels (A-J) marked but is fully adjustable. Lower models will have only 4 stepped settings, obviously this has less control.

We need to know what you plan to weld before we can give you any specific buy/don't buy advice. In my case, anything I can't do with flux core (I'm lazy) gets sent out. Have zero interest in learning TIG or old school stick arc.

Back
Top Bottom