Let's see your Michigan rides

Johnny5

Been Around the Block
Here's mine:

BOTM1.jpg

73CB750033.jpg

Very cool. A dirty glove section! Here's my 750. 550 is down to the frame, I'll post pics soon!
jim

Hey JS550, I may be able to get my hands on a CB550F, not sure what year,late '70s I think. It has low miles and was parked for the last 27 years due to 4th gear grinding noise. Was this a common problem with this unit and is it easily reparable?

Oh and here's my ride, It belonged to my Dad.
IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

Sorry, I was staring @ that Norton so long I didnt realize you had posted words too! Thats a great bike. The grinding on the 550 could be something with the clutch? Which isnt too bad to deal with, but I ouwld think it would do it in every gear if it was that? Or it might need the 4th gear/trans redone. Hard to say with out hearing/seeing it. If the price is good though I would pick it up. If it ends up being something more than you want to deal with you could make $$ on parting it out. As far as common goes, I dont know? Old Hondas are tanks! The only thing common is they run forever!

Jesus! I cant afford a Norton right now! How did all these great bikes get to MI? Now I have to kick my Honda again for not being a Norton! ;D

Actually, thats my 750K & its a 750 F tank that I made to look like that. But it must be working! I love the look of the smaller cbs'. If I wasnt 6'1" & 200+ lbs I would have a cb160! I kinda think it has a old BMW-ish-ness (?) to it too.

Johnny5 where were you the other night for the cafe thing? Missed a cool night.
jim

JS550 said:
Johnny5 where were you the other night for the cafe thing? Missed a cool night.
jim

Hey Jim,

Myself and three other friends were making our way down. We hit MC Leatherworks in Washington Twp for some gloves and other gear, then about 15 minutes after we left from there, one of my friend's hit a patch of gravel and went down. His ride was totaled. The police and EMS were there and checked him out. Nothing broken but scratched and banged up pretty badly. After all that and in the extreme heat for over three hours, we were done and headed home.

Hopefully, there'll be more meets at Cafe Racer. If not, hopefully some us here can organize a few rides.

WOW. That sucks! Glad to hear he's ok. Sucks that his bike is jacked but as long as he came out ok.

JS550 said:
WOW. That sucks! Glad to hear he's ok. Sucks that his bike is jacked but as long as he came out ok.

...umm, yeah, it wasnt his bike though...he was borrowing his neighbor's. So he felt even worse about the whole deal. Luckily his neighbor was cool about it. It was just a bad day all around. It started out promising....

Did some work yesterday. Cut off the passenger peg mounts & smoothed out the frame. I need to repaint the whole frame this winter! Also rebuilt my master cylinder, finally....

garagemax said:
http://bloodfalcons.blogspot.com/2009/09/chads-cb-750-cafe.html

looks like you found it! i saw a few hits come from here, so i had to join so i could search to see where they came from.

Here's my ride.
3891199849_cb7a59f185.jpg

350 should be ready to ride in Aril
750 needs a little love after a long summer of beating the crap out of her every day
IMG_0909.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

Back
Top Bottom