Hello From Kansas

Kansas450

How's it going guys? I just bought a 1972 CB450 project over the weekend and am excited about really tearing into it. I'll post some pics as soon as I get them on the computer. I also have a question to start things out. I was looking around the internet for some clip-ons and came across vortexracing.com (home site-->vortexproducts-->clipons) and they say that 1984-'86 Yamaha RZ350 also uses 35mm bars. So that means that if I could come across one of those bikes and get the bars they should fit, shouldn't they?

Sure, you can use any clipons as long as the diameter fits your fork tubes. But if you want to keep the internal wiring you'll need to drill holes in the bars.

Welcome...

Where were you thinking of putting the clip-ons? Above the tripple or below the tripple?
The reason I ask is that I know some of the early cb450's have a tapered fork tube at the top therefore you can't push the tubes throught the tripple and mount them above or below unless you change your forks to a later model cb450...

I had that issue with my 69 cb450...

if your tubes are not tapered, (you can tell by the top tripple tree), then you can use 35mm clip-ons.

Send some pics!!

I've been trying to post some more info and pics in the show-n-shine but it keeps saying my file is too large even if I only post 1 pic. I think I'm in need of a little technical assistance. Anyone?

thats your file size thats too big.the pic is probably like 740 or sumthin n u have to stay smaller than 5hundred n change.need to shrink the file size down.

oh yeah , hi im grim!
welcome to one of the sickest forums around.

Welcome. Hope you figure out the picture posting so we can see that CB project in the works. 8)

Back
Top Bottom