Please allow myself to introduce... myself

Ease

83 XJ650RK, 77 TS-250
Name's Evan, friends call me Ease... I'm 21 from Newfoundland, and I dont know any other locals that are doin this cafe thing so I ususlly hang out on caferacer.net to get help and ideas from riders and racers in the hobby. Good to see a forum that is at least based out of Canada.
My First bike: That's me ridin Shotgun...
cabinbike.jpg

My current bike is an 83 XJ650 R Seca (my second street bike... and my second seca, first was an 82).

When I got it:
IM000037a.jpg

The bike is definately a work in progress, still have to paint it, rebuild the carbs, ant replace that godaweful can... (even though it says "Ontario" on the side... I still wonder sometimes if I'm doin right by painting over the nice red color... but I allready tried to match it once on the seat cowl and it came out pink (used the eye at a local autobody shop), so I'm goin black with the corny and overused Flag and checkerboard vinyls. Not so bad here... as I said anything would be unique here when it comes to cafe racers.

Here are a couple pics of the bike as it looked Feb 7 th:
BikeFeb7-0710.jpg

BikeFeb7-071.jpg

BikeFeb7-075.jpg

Hey Evan...
Welcome aboard!!.. Nice project.. What seat are you using there?

Cheers
Noel

locOleoN said:
Hey Evan...
Welcome aboard!!.. Nice project.. What seat are you using there?

Cheers
Noel

Thanks, alot of competition on this site though.
The seat is half-ebay, half built by me and dad... It may actually be heavier than stock...
It's a stock seatpan bought off ebay - a cafe shell shoved on over the top (cut to fit) then fiberglass resin to fit and shape... and that shit is heavy, looks ok though.
I have a seat cover / pad for it but it isn't getting stapled on there till I get the thing painted.
Testfitseatpan11.jpg

Get some details on that seat into our Seats area. Always interested in seeing another neat seat!

Welcome Evan. I like what your doing with your Seca.

What are the riding roads like out in Newfoundland? Most roads around here are too straight, although you can find some nice twisties if you go for a bit of a ride.

Funny thing - it's starting to look like a Tracy body kit out of the 70's :) You should get some round mirrors to make it look a little more 'vintage' - and lose the rear fender if you can :)

78kz said:
What are the riding roads like out in Newfoundland? Most roads around here are too straight, although you can find some nice twisties if you go for a bit of a ride.

Thanks alot man.
The roads here are pretty good for riding. Only problem is theres not a whole lot of money being put into the roads "around the bay."
The roads on the bay runs are nice and twisty, but there is a slight problem with uneven pavement and some gravel in the turns.
If anyone gets the chance I definately recommend coming here to do the irish loop... check out www.targanewfoundland.com... we have an international (car) road race held here every september for that reason.
desktop002.jpg

Maybe we'll have a vintage motorcycle road race on the Targa course some day?

Tintin said:
Funny thing - it's starting to look like a Tracy body kit out of the 70's :) You should get some round mirrors to make it look a little more 'vintage' - and lose the rear fender if you can :)

Yeah those triangle sidecovers kinda give that illusion hey?
I'd actually like to get all that stripped out to make it completely see through... But it's in no way a race bike... unless the targa opens up to old bikes.

Yeah that fender is off now, if you look at the pictures from the first post you can see that I have it removed, I just need to chop the framerails. I put that pic up cause LocOleoN asked about the seat... that's what it looks like covered and before I had the taillight/liscence plate mounted.

Oh, and the square mirrors are gone too... if you look carefully at the pics from the first post you can see that I have napolean bar-end mirrors on it now.

P.S. This bike is going to be completely convertable to a 2-up seat in about 30 seconds effort. I'll post pictures when i get that done... and info on how I did it if anyone is interested.

P.S. This bike is going to be completely convertable to a 2-up seat in about 30 seconds effort. I'll post pictures when i get that done... and info on how I did it if anyone is interested.

I'm interested. I want to make a solo seat that can be swapped to my 2-up easily.

78kz said:
I want to make a solo seat that can be swapped to my 2-up easily.

I guess I'll post it on the forum under "seats" in case some other people are looking for the info. Really not too complicated on my bike, but I dont quite have everything done yet, so I don't have the final pictures.

I guess I should be doing this under show and shine... but I allready have some overlap goin on here with the seats section.
So, I've made some progress on the bike.
I have the 2-Up seating option all figured out, and finally cut the frame and plugged it off with barends.

Here is the Plugged frame and the 1-up seat:
Framerails15.jpg

And here's how it looks with the fender eliminator / Licence plate and taillight mount on the original 2-up seat:
2-upTail7.jpg

The godaweful exahust should be gone soon too, should have a reverse megaphone on the way (we'll see how the birthday turns out).

New Muffler!
Cheapo - e-bay reverse Megaphone...

Here's a pic (don't mind the stripe... I got bored and had chaulk handy):
NewMuffler2.jpg

Paint and Upholstry completed.

Just waiting on the new turn-signals, then she's all set.

SeatCovered8.jpg

SeatCovered9.jpg

Although I DO have 2 brand new tires to put on there... AND I'm planning on drilling the front brakes... Does it ever end?

Either way I'm enjoying it... The ride at 12:30 tonight was cold, but it was great to get out after all winter.

Back
Top Bottom