I just wandered in...

Uncle Ernie

Been Around the Block
...and somebody slammed the door shut !
After a double transplant and having both legs busted up 3 different times, 2 by getting T-boned, the only ton I do is a ton of pills. Actually, I tend to like smallish bikes because I ride 99% in the mountains, so there isn't too much straight road to get up that fast.
What do you say on these occasions... member of Mensa, 6'2", 165lb, only bring home $100K because I give the rest to support crops in Africa and help movie stars adopt foreign babies, I'm almost too handsome to look at directly, and I have my mother enshrined next to my life sized re-creation of - oh never mind. Think globally- shop locally.
I have 6 bikes that run great. I have an addiction to screwing around with stuff and that is extra sad for me because I HATE wrenching. I hate it.
Following are 2 examples of why. Each one took about 4 freaking years. Now I don't even clean my bikes anymore.

Uncle Ernie, I recognise that picture you have ru from SOHC or GTS forum? Any road that Guzzi is the dogs nads...slobber.. that spanner work was worth it mate.

Cheers
Graham

SOHC4 site.
Yeah, that was a real nice bike. The sound was like sitting in church. Decided I had to sell it to afford a GB500, but that bike will always be one of my lost loves. >sigh<
The Beemer was built for sidecar use, but it sure plows a row when it's solo ! I like to brag that's it's 400cc over stock- that really impresses the folks who don't know the older Beemers very well.

Welcome Uncle Ernie.

Nice bikes you have there. Great work!
How about some pix of the others?

There's an RD60 that doesn't deserve the electricity it takes to take a digital picture, a CB400F that is getting re-arranged- fitting an aluminium tank and new pods but I guess I need to use liquid gasket to get the pods to stay on, and a GB500. Everybody knows what they look like. Here's the rest; Kawasaki W650 looking similar to a BSA, '48 Chief, and the R100/2 w Steib S500 (that only took 6 months).

Oh- and Sidecar Rosie. ;)

Back
Top Bottom