k1 cb750 project.

sl8rxlr8r

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Project is a bit of an understatement. I got this bike for 50 bucks... it was on its way to the metal scrappers. No title. The honda tank i picked up for 20 bucks... I think its for a 550... if anyone really needs or wants it, let me know... I was thinking about using it to make a cafe seat tail... The red tank is from a late 70's Suzuki gs400 i think-- "black hawks". I think it'll make a sweet tank, and fits VERY well over the 750 frame with very little needing modified. My plans are to use a set of Lester mag wheels, have some real NOS clubman bars that I got at the swapmeet for 20 bucks..... unsure yet as to seat, although i know I want to use the red tank. The carcass that I got had Triple A floor boards installed and has some awesome pieces to use for rear sets. A friend is unloading anoother semi-complete basket case on me, so parts shouldn't be an issue. I plan on strengthening the frame. I work at a custom sign shop and we have a CNC router, capable of routing aluminum, so i can make frame braces, brackets, etc.... and we do custom cut vinyl graphics so I've got some interesting ideas in mind when it comes time to paint too.... The engine on this bike is supposedly locked up... but we'll see... I have another one coming anyways... I also have an adapter to run an oil cooler on it. I'm going to be tearing it down to the frame in the near future to being bracing and cleaning up the frame.... (After i check to see if i can even get it titled.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bslater/

scroll down to the collection called k1 project.

theres also pics of my Kaw KZ750 twin in there also.

Looks like a project and a half! Should do you alright for a cafe. I wish I had that kind of selection for tanks for my project. I have thee tanks...... all 79 xs400 tanks. Lol, so if anybody needs one, come talk to me.

As for getting the title, it's not always the easiest. There are ways to do it. Go to a bike salvage yard and ask them how they do it and who to talk to. Might end up costing you a few hundred bucks though. I did basically the same thing, bought a $50 bike that was in many pieces, with parts missing here and there, no title. Just kept my eyes open and found another one exactly the same with a title for decent cash. Its great to have spare parts cheap too. Just keep your eyes open.

Back
Top Bottom