Need a title?? Easy Peasy from the Great State of Maine!!

To everyone who has sent along paperwork. All is finished with insurance and at city hall. I went to bmv yesterday to finish and they were closed for a state mandated furlough day. (Maine is broke) So It'll be tuesday before I get them done. Sorry. All of them should be in the mail by mid week.

Scott

Re: Need a title?? Easy Peasy from the Great State of Maine!!

Please comment if this has worked and he has been able to help you out, as I have four scoots that don't know who they belong to!

Burnin' oil and smellin' royal!

I just did about 8 of them for guys on the forum here and have not heard of any failing. In total I've done 22 of them now to I think 16 states with no problems. If any of you have had any problems I'd love to hear it. I currently have 2 more in progress and I need to check with the state on how many vehicles I can sell with a license.

One thing, and this has come up a few times now, the bike must be at least 15 years old for this to work.

I'm in Rhode island and as long as it's 15 years or older it does not need a title either. However I believe I need a notarized bill of sale or a bill of sale at it's minimum. Which I can get around that also thanks to a few folks I know these days.

I'm picking up a 66 cl305 scrambler shortly and it doesn't have a title. I'll see what rhode island is like dealing with them and no title situations and I could also offer to help out about getting titles for folks. I'm probably working around the corner of the DMV shortly as a car salesman.

Hi guys,

Can any of the South Carolina contingent that I have sent registrations to please chime in here and let me know how things worked out for you? I'm talking with a guy down there who's having a hell of a time. (Haven't done the registration for him yet) and we're looking for info on how things went once you had the Maine paperwork.

thanks!

diesel450 said:
Hi guys,

Can any of the South Carolina contingent that I have sent registrations to please chime in here and let me know how things worked out for you? I'm talking with a guy down there who's having a hell of a time. (Haven't done the registration for him yet) and we're looking for info on how things went once you had the Maine paperwork.

thanks!

I am the guy in SC that diesel is speaking of.

Thanks diesel for the help and ITS was the service that I contacted.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ITS TITLING SERVICE!YOU WILL GET DENIED A TITLE IF THE SCDMV AGENT IS PAYING ATTENTION.

Here is where I posted my SCDMV night mares. Yes, that's night mares, as in more than one.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=18622.msg293859#msg293859

I forgot to add this.

You can do a 100% free VIN check here and it will tell you if the VIN is reported as stolen,written off by an insurance company,or has a loan against it. https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck

SC doesn't require registration on street legal bikes under 50cc.This is good and bad.Some people have bought scooters that will run faster than 25mph and still have a engine size under 50cc.Technically,if a bike is capable of breaking 25mph,it is supposed to be registered,titled,tagged,and insured.Most of the time,you won't be bothered by the local cops but troopers will single you out.So, if you have a small road legal bike,you can skirt the law by keeping it under 25mph.I wouldn't do it but I know those that have.

Just finished titling my 65 corvair in NJ. everything went smoothly as could be. I'm more than happy with all the help and communication. everything worked out great. the lady at the dmv didnt ask a single question about any of it. really helped me out.

Hey Diesel, new guy here. Just picked up my first bike to chop into my own cafe racer, a Suzuki GS550. I'm going to see if I can get a lost title through my local DMV, but if my leads fall through I'll be in touch.

The only thing is see with that free VIN check is that it only goes back 5 years. Say you pickup a bike that has been sitting in a barn for 20 years. Is there any way to check something like that?
ben2go said:
I forgot to add this.

You can do a 100% free VIN check here and it will tell you if the VIN is reported as stolen,written off by an insurance company,or has a loan against it. https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck

SC doesn't require registration on street legal bikes under 50cc.This is good and bad.Some people have bought scooters that will run faster than 25mph and still have a engine size under 50cc.Technically,if a bike is capable of breaking 25mph,it is supposed to be registered,titled,tagged,and insured.Most of the time,you won't be bothered by the local cops but troopers will single you out.So, if you have a small road legal bike,you can skirt the law by keeping it under 25mph.I wouldn't do it but I know those that have.

Back
Top Bottom