<~~ recycles & hugs trees / TON of FUN! / FNG from the Pacific NW. (Portland!!)

xSONICxCB160

Whats up racers!

My names Sonic and I just wanted to drop in & say hello to ya'll. Im sneakin this in at work so it'll be quick. ;D Im super stoked on finding everyone here and hope to get to know everyone in the near future. ;)

I just picked up / stumbled upon a 1965 Honda CB160 because I was looking for a good 1st bike. Never rode before. Yea I know, like the title said. FNG (Fukin New Guy) :p Apparentely this bike has a cult following and Im finding that lots of people still race them these days. I honestly didnt know. Since I've picked the bike. (Its been about 2 months now) Im finding out that you can make these things super cool and its an ideal platform for a Cafe.

Personally I have a love for all things Vintage, I have a 1954 2dr Chevy Bel Air named Betsy that I am attempting to restore slowly but surely and its more like a Rat Rod than a Hot Rod currently so I think Kiyomi my CB160 is a good addition to the family. Just in case youre wondering, Kiyomi in Japanese is typically a girls name and the meaning is like clean, eternally beautiful which she is. I love her! ;D.

I'll have to post up pics later of Kiyomi. She is my 1st bike and Im really excited about having her in my life. I look forward to making some friends here and hope to get some good pointers in customizing Kiyomi and making her all mine! <3<3 Chat with ya'll later!! ;)

Welcome from the other side of the river in Vancouver. I went to High School in Portland and still spend a lot of time there. We've got a few other members in the area as well. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Be sure to add your build to in the DTT NorPac section. We've almost got enough active members for a DTT get together.

IndieSol said:
Welcome from the other side of the river in Vancouver. I went to High School in Portland and still spend a lot of time there. We've got a few other members in the area as well. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Be sure to add your build to in the DTT NorPac section. We've almost got enough active members for a DTT get together.

Thanks for stoppin in & sayin hello Indie. Hope youre havin a nice holiday. Sorry for the late reply, but here she is Kiyomi with Betsy lurkin in the background

This is when I first got her.
DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

These are as of Xmas with the new bars & seat.
P1060010.jpg

P1060005.jpg

P1060009.jpg

P1060006.jpg

P1060001.jpg

No worries, man. My holidays were great, and I hope yours were as well. That 160 is great. Good clean upgrades as well.

Sick bike and car from another Rose City rat rodder, cafe guy. You ever bring that car out to the Rose City Roundup? My buddy races 160's at P.I.R. and loves them. You should check out Vicious Cycles of Interstate.

Thanks Indie & Rose City. Im lookin forward to meetin you two and hangin out. Im actually kinda new to the NW so I dont really know anyone. So to answer your question, I have not been to the Roundup as I didnt even know it existed. I am looking forward to it this year so yea, keep me posted fellas. I do hope to meet ya'll before then. Be safe for the new year guys! It gets a bit crazy out there!

good lookin bike man, i love seein them pre 70' hondas.

side note, im jealous that your ridin in oregon right now. im in az and we just got like 6in of snow =/

Nice Honda...... execellent mods 8) 8) 8) . I really have the hots for that good lookin' 54, lowered, and all black primered up :p :p :p .....

Back
Top Bottom