CB750 "Dick's Cycle West" Project

hahnda

Found this local and decided it was to good to pass up. All the tedious stuff has been done on it for the most part.

af30_3.JPG

b40e_3.JPG

Rassk Rearsets
Tomasselli Clipons
Kerker 4-1
Dick's Cycle West Seat-Fairing-Tank
Koni Shocks
Andrews Coils
Powdercoated frame
Everything is cleaned, polished and painted.

And a box full of other odds and ends to work with.

Biggest thing to work out is the tank, seat and fairing along with paint on them.

The fairing has the front mount and I think the rear mount. The tank and seat do not have any mounts. Anybody have any info on this stuff from Dick's? It looks very Dunstall-ish. I'm not 100% the tank is usable. It seems to have suffered from gas bubbles and delamination maybe.

On a side not....

Is the SOHC4 fourm down?

Kevin

DAMN! Nice find! On paper it sounds expensive - hope you got a nice deal. Whatever the price paid, it sure is a nice kit.

Will look awesome with the new seat/tank/fairing on. I don't know much about that stuff - I was on the SOHC4 forum earlier today and it seemed to be working fine. There's gonna be some serious drooling going on over there when you post this up.

If the tank is no good, you might have luck with a SuperSport tank from a CB750F. Would look the part. What year is the bike? Hard to tell with the K7/8 tank, SuperSport seat and early oil tank sidecover.

How was the valve cover finished? Almost looks powdercoated.

The head and a few other parts are powdercoated.

Here are the details you are looking for.........

http://search.ebay.com/170163335715

You're fucking kidding me...

WOW, What a price!!!

BTW the gt501'a are excellent - I'm running them on my seca.

Wicked, I never see deals like that around here!! If it has two wheels and an engine they want an arm and a leg for it, regardless of what shape its in.

Good find, sure you'll have fun ;D

cosmo said:
Smoking deal! Zero miles ???

I questioned the seller about that. He said they were new aftermarket? Never ran across those before.

The more I looked around it seems that the fairing isn't a Dick's Cycle West, Possibly a Read-Titan?

The lift makes it nice and easy .. I have the same one .. ;D Looks like the start of a great project

any chance I could get a picture of how you mounted that fairing? Ive got one sitting in the garage(actually the EXACT same one) without any brackets...

xcaptainxbloodx said:
any chance I could get a picture of how you mounted that fairing? Ive got one sitting in the garage(actually the EXACT same one) without any brackets...

100_2302.jpg

100_2301.jpg

100_2300.jpg

Not sure if these help all that much. The rear of the fairing and the tank use the same mount. All it is is a flat plate that connects to the frame with u-bolts. I could get a pic of that also.

Back
Top Bottom