xs650 cafe

A

Alex

here's the xs650 I built last year, have to come out for one of your meets in the spring!

OUCH! My eyeballs hurt from all the concentrated coolness.......

Nice ride! Any specs?

Nice!

Cool seat-taillight. Very unique (similar to an old harley sportster aftermarket seat).

That's some first post! Welcome to the board!

Pure cafe that... nuttin' on it that doesn't make it go, stop or turn faster 8)

Dude,that bike is so hot I need shades! 8)
Love the high pipe(my Hodaka has one also) and frame color choice too!

Q: Is that the 18" "Shorty" cone muffler J.C. Whitney sales?
I pretty sure that's the muffler I'm going with on my CB200T Winter/Spring project.

PLEASE post more pics from other angles and specs/parts on this bike.

gald you guys like it. It's a 1972 XS2 I bought it with the motor already done, and focused more on getting the chassis in shape over the winter. Here's the specs on it so-far;

Fame is stock other than removing brackets
swingarm has a tube brace on it
Tank is a suzuki GT500 tank that I welded sheet stainless on the side to get the "alloy" look
headlight is from Mikes XS clip-on's and headlight mount is homemade
header was made from a spare chev 350 header, cut out all the bends and welded than up to make the pipe
heat wrap hides the welds
taillight is a trailer led from Princess auto
rear fender is the stock one cut up and a piece of muffler tube welded in to mount the taillight
seat is homemade ( I used to make chairs before, is anyone needs some help with how to make seats let me know)
Muffler is from TO salvage just one of their multifit mufflers

I will get more pictures when I can dig it out of the garage, if anybody wants any more detailed info on a certain part email me and I will try and get pictures or you can come take a look if your local to Toronto. alec3154@yahoo.com

Anybody got any ideas where the best place to get a alloy tank or a Panel beater who can make one?

Thanks
Alex

THAT's why it looks so cool.... eveything bodged... VERY nice! Love the PA taillight... LOOKS great and everyone will try to guess what bike it's from or what custom parts store you bought it from... GREAT JOB!

criminal,sick,fantastic,brilliant!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,real nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially the high pipes!!!!!!!!!!

Did you do the brace on the swingarm yourself? I've got a 1972 XS650 chassis as well, and have a later model (longer) swingarm I'd like to have the 'minton mods' bracing done to like yours. There's a kit of the bent tubes for sale on eBay for $90, and quotes I've gotten on bending the tubes aren't any cheaper than that.

Let me know. You can see my now 8 month long XS650 project here:

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=448.0

Sup Alex! Is this the same Alex who use to ride the flat black Yamaha SRX6? who gets his haircut at Aristotle( queen St.)?...If so long time no see...If not you still got a badass ride! 8)

Back
Top Bottom