Arizona mates

Hey, new to DTT and new to Mesa, AZ, by way of Portland, OR.
No ride yet :'( but that will happen, come hell or high water (taking my location in to account, probably the former, not the latter!).

I've been cruising the local Craigslist and I'm not finding much out there. I like the CB360s, but I'm a big guy and I just can't do that to a small bike. I think I'm going to end up getting a CB750 or the likes. If I can find one I can afford, that is. :)

Welcome to the valley! I'm in far east Mesa. Almost Apache Junction/New Mexico. :D

buzznichols said:
Welcome to the neighborhood. What kind of ride are you looking for? I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Grazzi!
I'm not too particular, but I loved my ol' CX500 (the ride that got flattened under a minivan that I mentioned in my introduction post) and the Kawasaki KZs (any size) to me, scream, "give me a cafe make over, NOW!"
I'd love to find a daily rider that I can also work on as I go (those rare days that I wouldn't be riding, of course). Wouldn't have to be pretty, just running!
Side note - people down here ask for obscene amounts of cash for POS compared to back in Oregon :eek:
I suppose that goes with the all-year riding weather here, though.

Agreed. I've also noticed that a few of the Craigslist ads were nothing more than scams. I saw one in Mesa and another in Phoenix that were scams. Arizona = no rust = premium prices? Phfft.

Agreed, again. I began life in Michigan, where the bikes are garaged for 8 months out of the year, and you could get old Japanese steel for a buck a cc all day back there, with low miles.

Out here... not so much.

I did, however, recently talk to a guy whose roommate has a Suzuki GS 750 (probably around '80) that hasn't moved for a long time. He said the roommate would be willing to part with it pretty cheap...whatever that means. Would you be interested in something like that?

Playing around in gimp today:

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=10221.msg439460.msg#439460
Letters are skewed/warped but that's an easy fix.

SehnsuchtMotoMan said:
How about one with the Arizona flag?
I'll come up w/ something decent. The flag is so busy though! ::)
I was also thinking something like the British one w/ the background is the state colors...

How 'bout some saguaros up in there?

Helmeted skull w/crossed saguaros?

Saguaro in the spade?

Just spit balling here...

notcraig said:
I'll come up w/ something decent. The flag is so busy though! ::)
I was also thinking something like the British one w/ the background is the state colors...
This week I've been wiped out (new work hours, beyond a normal adjustment). Maybe this weekend I'll get on it again.

Hey,
New to the forums, and currently without a ride. I'm in Flagstaff at NAU for my ME degree, but I grew up in Tucson so i make the journey back and forth quite a bit. If any of you know of any good deals on a CB750 or have one you are looking to unload I'm in the market. Looking forward to seeing some of the local bikes.

-Jericho

Hey, man, welcome! I'm an NAU alum myself, now living down in Prescott. I know a lot of folks up there (one of whom probably still has an old SOHC4 of mine, and I'll ask around.
Cheers!

Checking in from Gilbert. Been on DTT or a while but haven't posted (or even lurked) in a long time. Picked up a 73 CB 350f in June that'll be my daily once I tag it this week. Also have a 74 Norton that might actually run some time in the next few years if I'm lucky! I'd be down to roll up to the Pavs sometime if anyone is interested.

I'm out in Gilbert as well. Any bike nights (other than the Pavilions) going on out here?

Tempe.
'61 BSA C15 (project)
'69 CB160 (runner)
'71 CB175 (nearly done and for sale)
'72 CB750 (project)
'73 CB350F
'75 CB400F (in a 350F frame) (nearly done, not for sale)
'75 CB550
'81 SR250 (the wifey's bobber)

Back
Top Bottom