www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

OUR ADS ARE FROM SUPPORTERS OF THE COMMUNITY - CONSIDER TURNING YOUR AD-BLOCKER OFF FOR WWW.DOTHETON.COM :)

Author Topic: cb200 back to the cafe "lola"  (Read 61492 times)

Offline MickyC

cb200 bratracker "lola"
« Reply #70 on: Jun 30, 2012, 02:51:16 »
Got the carbs done today all cleaned and new jet's etc. Also I think the reason she was running so awful before the strip check out the dirt that came off them.

Offline cyclefreak

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: cb200 bratracker "lola"
« Reply #74 on: Jul 03, 2012, 09:46:12 »
Love the seat man.
When in doubt gas it!!!

Offline MickyC

« Reply #75 on: Jul 04, 2012, 07:48:15 »
Love the seat man.

thank you :-) . we will have to wait and see how it looks all together i cant wait to start. 

Offline MickyC

cb200 bratracker "lola"
« Reply #76 on: Jul 05, 2012, 22:08:32 »
So I was taking the rear brake apart to clean/prep and saw this:

What do you guys think will it be ok or do I source a new one? It is the bit the sir clip goes into to hold the washer that holds the pads on as so:

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #77 on: Jul 05, 2012, 22:32:16 »
That post just holds a cotter-pin to keep the washer / brake pad ends in place right?  Just missing a small chunk?  It will be fine.  It's a cotter-pin, not a circlip I think.

On your other post - about the rubber bushings in the battery tray - you should be able to pull out those steel sleeves, and then the rubber bushings should be able to be removed.  Lube them up with some WD40 or grease or something like that first and work them out.  But the steel sleeves should come out first so you can squeeze the rubber together and work it through.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline DesmoBro

• Busted Nut
« Reply #78 on: Jul 05, 2012, 22:39:57 »
Sweet Powdered frame, seat looks a mint as well.....Is that a Ducati Jacket?
"I desire the things that will destroy me in the end"

Offline MickyC

« Reply #79 on: Jul 05, 2012, 22:41:50 »
That post just holds a cotter-pin to keep the washer / brake pad ends in place right?  Just missing a small chunk?  It will be fine.  It's a cotter-pin, not a circlip I think.

On your other post - about the rubber bushings in the battery tray - you should be able to pull out those steel sleeves, and then the rubber bushings should be able to be removed.  Lube them up with some WD40 or grease or something like that first and work them out.  But the steel sleeves should come out first so you can squeeze the rubber together and work it through.

Tim you are a legend thank you a million mate