cb200 back to the cafe "lola"

Re: cb200 bratracker "lola"

If you end up not using the stock controls, let me know. I'm trying to track down the right side control housing. Thanks.

hey facefirst35

sorry using the controls mate but i have grabbed a few items from the site listed bellow and there fairly reasonable and great parts.
hope it helps

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb200b-usa_model1005/partslist/F++01.html#results

NIce... especially like that front fairing. Anyone knows who makes? Wouldn't mind one of those for my project.

so im tossing up between sanding the spokes, rims and hub and painting them black or getting the rims and hub powdered and buying new spokes.

any help ?

if you have the funds, definately get them powder coated. Much more resistant to scratches and damage and they look really nice. If you strip, prep and get them ready, its not even usually that expensive to get them powder coated.

Another option is to simply have the wheels, hubs, and laces all powder coated put together already. Get them balanced and trued first, then have them sandblasted and powder coated all as one unit. I did that on two of my bikes and have been very happy. Only cost $160 for both wheels. Only downside is you cannot true them anymore after that but how often do you do that anyways?

sbaugz said:
if you have the funds, definately get them powder coated. Much more resistant to scratches and damage and they look really nice. If you strip, prep and get them ready, its not even usually that expensive to get them powder coated.

Another option is to simply have the wheels, hubs, and laces all powder coated put together already. Get them balanced and trued first, then have them sandblasted and powder coated all as one unit. I did that on two of my bikes and have been very happy. Only cost $160 for both wheels. Only downside is you cannot true them anymore after that but how often do you do that anyways?

I’m doing the pipes and a few other bits so I think I may do mate, but not the spokes it will be way to expensive I’m better of just buying new ones online and just doing the rims. 75$ for new ones so not bad. This project is starting to take its financial toll lol

cb200 bratracker "lola"

On a side not I finally got my new jacket. ordered in mid february picked it up on Friday eeeeewwwwwwww
65770fc5-199f-735f.jpg

So a quick update:

After getting the polishing wheel set up and realising most of the parts I was going to polish are way to scratched and would look way cooler powdered I have decided to get the little odds and ends I was going to polish will now get the powder lol. Have also ordered new spoke kit as would cost alot less then getting the spokes powdered and am waiting for the seat to dry so i can upload pics of the finished product, fingers crossed it’s done by Friday. (as the mofo has had it for two weeks and all the tard had to do was glue and lock it in place)
:)

cb200 bratracker "lola"

Got the carbs done today all cleaned and new jet's etc. Also I think the reason she was running so awful before the strip check out the dirt that came off them.

cb200 bratracker "lola"

So I was taking the rear brake apart to clean/prep and saw this:
657710f6-39ad-468b.jpg

657710f6-39cf-cfa7.jpg

What do you guys think will it be ok or do I source a new one? It is the bit the sir clip goes into to hold the washer that holds the pads on as so:
657710f6-3aab-61ee.jpg

That post just holds a cotter-pin to keep the washer / brake pad ends in place right? Just missing a small chunk? It will be fine. It's a cotter-pin, not a circlip I think.

On your other post - about the rubber bushings in the battery tray - you should be able to pull out those steel sleeves, and then the rubber bushings should be able to be removed. Lube them up with some WD40 or grease or something like that first and work them out. But the steel sleeves should come out first so you can squeeze the rubber together and work it through.

Sweet Powdered frame, seat looks a mint as well.....Is that a Ducati Jacket?

Tim said:
That post just holds a cotter-pin to keep the washer / brake pad ends in place right? Just missing a small chunk? It will be fine. It's a cotter-pin, not a circlip I think.

On your other post - about the rubber bushings in the battery tray - you should be able to pull out those steel sleeves, and then the rubber bushings should be able to be removed. Lube them up with some WD40 or grease or something like that first and work them out. But the steel sleeves should come out first so you can squeeze the rubber together and work it through.

Tim you are a legend thank you a million mate

Back
Top Bottom