CB200 '73 tracker project - DONE :D

Re: CB200 '73 tracker project

wow impressive. I can't wait to see the set up you have for the brake.

Awesome project! I like the cam housing mod, a little over my abilities though. I need to go to a friends just to use his drill press :p
The pic of the bike being lifted into the loft is the best!
The plan for the side of the tank on my project is to make my my own little covers out of wood.

Hey guys! Thanks for all the comments!

Working on the rear wheel, decided to use the original hub instead. Could not make the chainwheel to fit on the derbi hub.
For now busy making plans and waiting for some money to spend on the project...Hoping to get my driverslicence in two weeks from now whitch is very expensive..316 dollar just for the exam :eek: Hopefully i'll pas my test cause i'm tired with those lessons when freezing my ass of.

After that I hopefully will be able to spend some money on my bike and finish it :)

Love the idea of the wood-panels btw! Not the thing my bike will need but would love to see some pics if yours is ready :)

The mailman is my best friend, look what he brought me today :D
I've been waiting for the package for 3 weeks, but it is in great shape, only a few spots of surface rust. Can't wait to put it on the bike.

Schermafbeelding2012-02-14om140854.png

I love getting parts in the mail. Its like Christmas every time!

I love the high pipes. They make rearset options greater, as they are much easier to position with no muffler in the way.
... There must be a lot of "high pipes" near Amsterdam... :p

Just wanted to share my happiness today:
Passed my driving-exams this afternoon so i finally will be allowed to drive my bike. Yay! 8)

My friend Bert decorated our front door for me <3
FxCam_1330368244631.jpg

UPDATE finally!

Been very busy on the bike last weeks, but forgot to update this topic...

Two weeks ago my friend Bert and I went to a vintage bike (parts) show in Utrecht. Never been to such an event and it was awesome! Two halls filled with old vintage bikes and parts and did some great finds there.
Bought two Dunlop f17-tyres for only 50 euro together. Also bought very cheap closed-cell-foam for my seat. 10 bucks, enough to make two seats. Also a MX throttlehandle for only 5 euro and some small parts. Bert went home with three T-shirts....:p

Schermafbeelding2012-03-17om155942.png

The next day we decided to chop the frame. All the bikes that i love have a very clean hoop and seatplate and i know i would regret it if i would not do it now. To create the shape of the back and the hoop we used plastic electrical tubing which fitted exactly in the frametubes. We used a flexible tube to create the hoop.

Schermafbeelding2012-03-06om013928.png

Schermafbeelding2012-03-17om160248.png

Schermafbeelding2012-03-17om160141.png

Schermafbeelding2012-03-17om160150.png

Schermafbeelding2012-03-17om160129.png

The tank was blasted a while ago so i went to the paintshop to pick a nice colour. Made a quite random pick and came home with 'caribean blue' metallic and a can of 2k clearcoat.
Sanded the tank with 800 grit to get a smooth surface for the paint. Did not use a higher grit because i like the texture it makes when sanding it in circles. Took a few hours but can't say i regret it :D
Since Bert can do anything including awesome paintjobs, he was given the honour of painting my tank ;)

Schermafbeelding2012-03-16om131136.png

Schermafbeelding2012-03-16om131404.png

Schermafbeelding2012-03-16om131326.png

Schermafbeelding2012-03-16om131249.png

Schermafbeelding2012-03-16om131434.png

Stripped down the whole frame and tried the exhaust with the engine of my old 125 to see where the exhaust mount should be and because the 125 and 200 engine is not the same, we will make a adjustable mount. We took the frame to school and started on the tubing of the hoop. They've got a big machine there called "mother of all hoopmakers" which made it a lot easier. Monday is welding day.

Schermafbeelding2012-03-16om131612.png

Schermafbeelding2012-03-16om131505.png

Schermafbeelding2012-03-16om131542.png

If anyone wonders: the 125 engine fits like a glove in the 200 frame.

Very happy with the progress. Next step will be welding and powdercoating some parts and the frame. I'm still not sure about the colour.
My mind went from red to white to black to grey and for me, there are two major options now that the tank is done:

Bluestriped tank on a little of-white-greyish frame, big black wheels, black small parts and a very dark brown seat, making it a nice summer/beach style bike,
where my biggest fear is that it will be too "girley"
Bluestriped tank on a black or dark grey frame, big black wheels and parts and a black seat. Will make the bike more tuff, but also a bit more boring maybe...

I'd like your opinions on the colours guys!
Thanks!

Great update! I've been waiting for the next installment. The tank came out very nice. the bare metal look with the coat of clear is great and I don't think the blue is too girly nor are the other colors you mentioned. I'd need to see the the rest of the paints and colors to see how it all comes together and give a more informed opinion... but you are on the right "tracker" :p

Your bike is going to be awesome. I'll bet you it will even make bike of the month. If not that then at least nominations. I would go with a dark color on the frame something that lets the blue on the tank stand out. But I have no idea what that could be.

Finally, i got my frame back :D Instead of having it welded by the workshop-guy, bert welded most of it himself.
Looks awesome, exactly how i pictured it, now it's time to take the old sanding paper and finish it of.

933769a7.jpg

9f4194a3.jpg

a30eb938.jpg

278d0180.jpg

a45da409.jpg

86b408ec.jpg

b5da0441.jpg

598676ef.jpg

4b0d8078.jpg

Went to a another vintage motorcycle-market yesterday which was -again- awesome. Went home with 350-carburators, 22 mm. Maybe we can make them fit. Also found the white grips i was looking for for ages. I know they sell them on ebay as well but shipping costs are often very expensive so I picked up these yellow-ish grey/black ones for 2 bucks, tossed them in boiling water with some soap and lemonjuice and white again.
Also found a new brakecalliper for 20 bucks. Needed that as well.

7fd75e36.jpg

55dedc2a.jpg

55057be8.jpg

8434d414.jpg

Next part is sanding and powdercoating.

Back
Top Bottom