Lost in the sauce of the cafe world!

1969Honda

Been Around the Block
Well I guess it's time to introduce myself now that I'm posting help questions ;D I've been building/restoring/modding a 1969 CB350 twin for going on 13 years now. I was given the bike on my 16th birthday by an older cousin, it looked like it had been thru a hurricane and had no ignition switch so I had to twist the wires together to start it up and drive it in to the truck I hauled it home in. I got it running that summer (well misfiring and sounding like a banshee from hell 8)) It then sat for a few years while I got carried away with high school sports and college. I resurrected it again when I was 23 as a small engines class project at college and found out the rings were in pieces, the jugs were scoured to the point it needed a minimum .50mm over bore and the electrical was so corroded you would have thought it had come from the bottom of the ocean.

I got the bike running for my class but I still had some electrical problems and had seen Greg's bike form Ohio Cafe Racers with the inverted forks and decided to make some changes, it's been all down hill since then. I've since shaved the frame, painted the cases black, the covers have been stripped and sanded with 800 grit. The headlight bucket has been treated to a matte black 1500 degree engine paint finish. The front end is now from a 1998 Yamaha R1 with some 2005 ZX636r clip-ons and controls. The wheels are currently from a cbr600f2 but I'm leaning towards some silver come stars from a cb750 with the disk rear brake. I also have a new solo seat in the making but with 3 kids, a pregnant wife and a military career things are moving slowly.

Attachments

• bike 1.jpg
    bike 1.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 149
  • old_look.jpg
    old_look.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 161
Thanks guys, hopefully it'll get all put back together before this spring after my taxes come back and I can enjoy riding it again.

Back
Top Bottom