CM450: Take 2

2.3efi said:
There are some similarities haha. This muffler will be small though. Hopefully quite some it down a little. Strait pipes on a small Honda are not the best sounding.

If you "bolt" those two pipes together at that flange, won't it be Impossible to remove the exhaust? (forgive me if I didn't notice something and this is a dumb comment) 8)

No you're right lol. There are separate flanges for each pipe that bolt to that piece that you see on the pipes that aren't pictured. That way they can come apart.

Here is a detailed drawing that shows the separate flanges for the pipes.

muffler.png

Excellent work. I really like the table-as-protractor, might have to copy that at home on a bench.

Thanks guys! The protractor idea was spur of the moment. Still want to come up with a better way of marking pipes for cutting, but it got the job done.

It was too beautiful out to stay cooped up in the shop, so we got out and shot some pics for fun.

u8Bubaqh.jpg

Here is the progress on the seat. Frame and wheels are out for paint and should be back later this week!

93tBJxw.jpg

2.3efi said:
Here is the progress on the seat. Frame and wheels are out for paint and should be back later this week!

93tBJxw.jpg

Thats. Fucking. Sweet. Cool stuff man. Are those screws holding in to the bottom? Did you put nuts in to capture them or what's up with that construction? Just wondering since I'm getting to that point myself, and this came out perfect.

They are actualy 1/8 screw rivets. We epoxied the one side to the pan and then used a washer and the screws on the other. I will try and get some better pix later.

2.3efi said:
They are actualy 1/8 screw rivets. We epoxied the one side to the pan and then used a washer and the screws on the other. I will try and get some better pix later.

Very cool. My dad is building an airplane, so I'm sure he knows what those are! Thanks for the info, I would love to see more pics of that process, you pulled it off flawlessly.

Well it was a looooonnnnggg night last night, but we got the bike together for the deadline today. Still some odds and ends to finish up, but here are a couple of quick pics.

X56uXSx.jpg

kPub9bU.jpg

dx5JKZM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom