"Tangerine Dream" / Glemseck - KZ750

Re: "Tangerine Dream" - KZ750

beachcomber said:
While I was in the Man Cave [ extended now ! ] I decided to fit the new accessory switch [ Chinese - excellent quality and £6.95 - WDF ]as I will only need minimal controls [ daylight MOT - no lights ]. As I'm trying to declutter the bars area - I thought I'd bury the cables through the bars. Then I couldn't find anything suitable to "fish" the cable through - until I spotted some old fashioned curtain cable - wworked a treat - just have to get the curtains back up before Mrs.B. notices !

I'm considering that same switch. Just saw it advertised for $3.49, free shipping, how can you go wrong?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-8-Handlebar-Universal-Motorcycle-Scooter-Horn-Turn-Signal-On-Off-Switch-US01-/161882931544?hash=item25b0f98158:g:c4QAAOSwl9BWJkok&vxp=mtr

o1marc said:
I'm considering that same switch. Just saw it advertised for $3.49, free shipping, how can you go wrong?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-8-Handlebar-Universal-Motorcycle-Scooter-Horn-Turn-Signal-On-Off-Switch-US01-/161882931544?hash=item25b0f98158:g:c4QAAOSwl9BWJkok&vxp=mtr

Mark,

I was sceptical - but I can assure you the quality is A1. Well finished and looks the canine's cajones, and it arrived in less than a week!

$3.49 ??????????????? ....................................... I woz robbed !!!!!!

beachcomber said:
Mark,

I was sceptical - but I can assure you the quality is A1. Well finished and looks the canine's cajones, and it arrived in less than a week!

$3.49 ??????????????? ....................................... I woz robbed !!!!!!

I actually saw them the other day for less than $3, can't find that link now. Don't know if the less than $3 one was free shipping or not. I already have new switches but may change to one of these, I like the looks of this unit.

o1marc said:
I actually saw them the other day for less than $3, can't find that link now. Don't know if the less than $3 one was free shipping or not. I already have new switches but may change to one of these, I like the looks of this unit.

Marc,

Even at the price I paid -that is less than 1/2 what retailers are asking for here in the UK. £17 - £19 is the going price, and you just KNOW what they paid [ or less ] !

I've just ordered another 5 units at a discount price - I'll either use them on future projects or move them on to my mates.

Everything I've ordered from China / Thereabouts in the past year has been top quality and at least 50% cheaper than the UK prices - sometimes as much as 80% less. Most have been post free [??] and I've only been clobbered for one lot of duty. The longest I've waiited for an item has been 10 days - normally 7 days.

The seat is now finished [ apart from upholstery pad ] and the rear Shotgun lamp mounted.

Additionally, I finished painting the front mudguard and the underside of the electrics undertray. That's now been treated to a cover of thin high density foam to shock isolate the electrics. Just waiting for another fuse block [ smaller ], then I'll bolt in all the various components.

This textured paint is the same I'm going to use for the engine.

Ah deary me .............a re-emergance of an old Kidney problem has once more surfaced and laid me low over the past 3 months - and ongoing. :'(

Result is - not a lot has happened on several project fronts - but has spurred me on to get at least some of them finished before it's too late - can't ride a bike hooked up to a dialysis [ that doesn't look right ! ] machine ! ;)

Anyway - enough of that. A very good pal bought me a new compressor for Christmas and I've just finished hooking it up - and that in turn has prompted me to get my finger out. ::)

I have given the side panels the final undercoat and they are ready for the Zinc Yellow topcoat. Just waiting for the ambient temp to rise into double figures before I get on with that. I have a small heater in the Man Cave, but I want to be double sure when I spray this !

The new compressor will also run my various air tools - so I can attack the tank patternmaking that I've been putting off !

Fork leg and nuts on the way to the machine shop next week [ should have been 4 weeks ago ! ] and then I can get the s/arm in and get the bike rolling at least.

Not good to hear about the health problems mate. Hope all will be well sooner rather than later.

Good to hear that you have scored a few new toys for the man cave. Hopefully you will be able to get cracking along once spring arrives.

Nice to hear you're back at it TJ, and looking forward to the progress!

This bloody cold weather needs to bugger off, I've got some painting waiting to be done too! :(

Thanx for the kind words guys .... I've been down this road twice before, and each time the problem was arrested and on the last occasion reversed - fingers crossed eh ?. ;D

Sorry to hear about the health problems but glad you hear you're still plugging away at the projects.

john83 said:
Sorry to hear about the health problems but glad you hear you're still plugging away at the projects.

Thanx John,

diagnosis now confirmed - just keep taking the meds eh ?

This has made me focus on what's achievable. Nothing like a finish date with no penalty clause get outs to concentrate the mind.

Just to be clear - I actually feel quite healthy, just odd bad days, so nothing really to hold me back out of the Man Cave.

So - the BMW Streetfighter will have to go, and of the two remaining bike projects the Kawasaki is nearer to a conclusion that the Vindicator '60s Cafe Racer. That will be a real hard decision as the Vindicator needs to be done - and had loads of money thrown at it over the past 7 years. Not rushing on that decision.

The car projects are also being culled - the Scimitar GTE / Lexus has been sold on - just leaving the 1955 Vanguard Estate rod. Another one that SHOULD be finished - but realistically 2-3 years away ...........ah well you never know.

So, for the time being anyway, back to the Flat Tracker. The machine shop guy is going to look at the fork nut problem this weekend - that's the last hurdle to getting the chassis rolling on it's wheels and I can concentrate on the engine. Just need a last gunk down and power wash and then final cleaning ready for painting and detailing. Fortunately the fabricator is still OK to make the Weber manifold and I already have all the parts for that. I've even found a guy that says [ ??] he can make up the high level exhaust for me.

I have stripped down the electrics undertray and at least I can get all the electricky bits laid out and mounted.

Shame your personal health issues are claiming projects, but the silver lining is, the one's you have left will be more focussed and probably get done...yay!

I often wonder at the number of projects my mates have 'on the go' at any one time, I can barely keep up with the CBX and Beetle, plus all the other life stuff that gets in the way, to even consider taking on anything else....as much as I would love to.

Liking the tail-end and the finish is v/smart (despite the paint problems), any more you can show us yet?

NoRiders said:
Shame your personal health issues are claiming projects, but the silver lining is, the one's you have left will be more focussed and probably get done...yay!

I often wonder at the number of projects my mates have 'on the go' at any one time, I can barely keep up with the CBX and Beetle, plus all the other life stuff that gets in the way, to even consider taking on anything else....as much as I would love to.

Liking the tail-end and the finish is v/smart (despite the paint problems), any more you can show us yet?

NR - thanx for the support.

I've been like this all my life - collecting projects that were "too good to pass up", with the thoughts at least I have them in stock for as and when.

This thought process was active right up until my 3 score and ten - ie buy them while I can and they are cheap.

By that time niggly health issues were making me realise I was no longer a teenager [ except in my mind ] and that I should concentrate on getting projects completed rather than in progress !

That's where I'm at now, the decision has been made to finish the KZ and one car and sell off the rest.

Back to the Tracker - the machine shop guy has promised a positive outcome with the fork top nuts in the next 10 days or so, and then it's back into it. I'll post up pix soon.

Due to potentially life changing circumstances I am having to abandon various car and motorcyle projects.

I am offering them first to forum / club members as the builds have been well documented with pictures.

[ UK based of course ]

ALL are to be termed “projects” to be completed. Most parts have been bought new where required or refurbished. ALL will require some smaller parts to complete.
It would be great to see at least some of them completed before it's too late. All are unique in their own way and once completed would not be seen as someone else's makeover.

This is a deeply regrettable situation as these projects have been my ongoing passion for the past 4-5 years. Bikes in general for almost 60 !

BMW K100 Streetfighter – unique bodywork 98% complete

Yamaha TR1 1960’s style Café Racer. Most parts prepped, renewed ready for assembly. Includes very expensive Grimeca 4LS front brake / hub, alloy rims and stainless spokes [ 2 x wheels - all new ]

1955 Standard Vanguard Estate – restore or Hot Rod.

I also have my Kawasaki KZ750 [twin ] Flat Tracker, but as that is amost complete, I'll endeavour to finish it off and have some riding pleasure while I can, however it will have to be sold sooner or later.

I will list the bikes / cars separately, but of specific interest here is the following – see the related build thread and pix for details.

All will be open to sensible offers – failing that they’ll go on E-Bay [ UK ]. There's a 9 months + time frame for this - so I won't be giving the stuff away.

I'll still be around the forum for the foreseeable and will make a big effort now on the final Tale and getting the "Book" into shape.

Sorry to hear man.

Keep working hard to recover, things have a way of taking a turn.Think on passing one of your favorite works in progress off to a young man who has the same passion but has no money... money will never seem as valuable again.

Cheers Beach!

Initial reports back and yes - kidney function is declining. Full assessment [ after current meds ] in April.

That means I will be selling off ALL my projects. Including the KZ flat Tracker. I have to be brutally realistic now - deeply gutted.

Only of interest to UK peeps, but you know from the various threads what they're all about.

Worse case scenario - I'll break the bikes for bits if I have to.

beachcomber said:
Initial reports back and yes - kidney function is declining. Full assessment [ after current meds ] in April.

That means I will be selling off ALL my projects. Including the KZ flat Tracker. I have to be brutally realistic now - deeply gutted.

Only of interest to UK peeps, but you know from the various threads what they're all about.

Worse case scenario - I'll break the bikes for bits if I have to.

Very sorry to hear about the health, thoroughly enjoy following your builds & posts. All the best.

Aw, man. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll send good thoughts your way.

It's official - just had the results of the interim assessment in - I'm at stage 3 [ of 5 ] in the kidney function decline.

Previously at stage 2 for the past 2 years - the meds and diet holding their own.

New set of meds prescribed now and the biggie assessment in July to see if we're stuck at # 3 or continuing to decline.

So, that means that ALL the projects will have to be sold on - even the Flat Tracker which I had hoped to finish and enjoy.

I'm aiming to get everything sold off before June / July.

Back
Top Bottom