Gel Grips

Represto

Over 1,000 Posts
I picked up a new set of grips for my bike when I changed the bars. I thought it might be nice to have set of gel grips. Worst idea ever. I much prefer something more rigid...not something that feels like it's sliding around. Not to mention they make your hands smell like you were petting a skunk.

I prefer the classic Gran Turismo grips. They are comfortable and repros are available from Emgo.

28-1001B_sm.jpg

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Think anyone local will have them? Cycleworld/Superstore will have them...but that's way out in Scarb.

What kind do you have?

Im stopping by CycleWERX today and I"ll see what they have...

locO leoN said:
What kind do you have?

Im stopping by CycleWERX today and I"ll see what they have...

I picked up a pair of the emgo ones. But they've already ripped. I think I buggered it up when I was trying to squeeze it over my throttle side.

Check to see if cyclewerk has the turismo ones.

Represto said:
I picked up a pair of the emgo ones. But they've already ripped. I think I buggered it up when I was trying to squeeze it over my throttle side.

Aw man...

The trick to remove or put on grips is to use a can of compressed air...
you just insert the straw with the grip, squeeze the can and the grip basically slips right in place...

You coming out tonight?

I heard of this compressed air trick...but I didn't have one and wanted to go out for a ride. So I just smashed it on there. I f*cked up big time.

Ya, I'm coming out tonight. My bike isn't great right now...kinda halfway through a few things...but I'll be there. Are we going to do the Princess Gates meet up at 8?

Represto said:
I heard of this compressed air trick...but I didn't have one and wanted to go out for a ride. So I just smashed it on there. I f*cked up big time.

Ya, I'm coming out tonight. My bike isn't great right now...kinda halfway through a few things...but I'll be there. Are we going to do the Princess Gates meet up at 8?

LOL.. No not the gates... The CNE is in full swing...Read the thread...LOL..

Represto said:

There (Emgo) is your problem. I am using Pro Grip dual density gel grips on my bike for 15,000 miles and LOVE them. They are firm but not hard. Hairspray is a good trick to get them on too.
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=591532&store=Main&catId=410&productId=p591532&leafCatId=41003&mmyId=
pg719gyxgrp.jpg

My vote goes to Pro Grip. My GS has had a pair for 40k and are still hanging in there. I was given a used set off a friends cruiser when he went to custom chrome grips and they will go on the 750. I guess chrome works on a cruiser?

Yep, pro grips are best kind.

I'm using the same grips as Dr. J posted above, though.

Represto said:

yep, I was gonna say don't buy the emgo ones because mine were destroyed before I even put them on.
Emgo makes complete garbage, crap, shit, whatever I can't bash that cheapass aftermarket company enough

Back
Top Bottom