DTT central valley CA

dissent89 said:
Im down in Bakersfield with a project 1980 CB750K, always looking for people to ride with. Right now I ride my HD Sportster 48. Not much in the way of cafe or any vintage bikes around here, no shops that I know of either.

Well off the thread keeps growing like it has I'm going to organize a meet somewhere once my bike is up and running again id be down for something

Hey guys if you are interested in getting a meet together promote the thread a bit on other ones maybe the socal threads ex. To.people a little closer to the area and I'll arrange something when it gets big enough

Andy here from Stockton. Looking start on my first bike within the month and do a complete overhaul. If you guys find any good deals on 400/450s let me know! Haven't seen any cafe racer style bikes here. Plenty of bobbers and choppers.

Evenhanded said:
Andy here from Stockton. Looking start on my first bike within the month and do a complete overhaul. If you guys find any good deals on 400/450s let me know! Haven't seen any cafe racer style bikes here. Plenty of bobbers and choppers.

I'm getting closer guys. Where are u guys at in ure builds?

Attachments

• IMG_20130325_180127_161.jpg
    IMG_20130325_180127_161.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 270
devious_se said:
I'm getting closer guys. Where are u guys at in ure builds?

Nice!
I'm in the process of ordering my parts for the kHz
And the cl is a pile of parts and the carbs are a pile of parts in my room Hahaha
KZ WILL be done end of next month
Got Amy rides planned yet?

Nah man bike needs to be good and running before I plan a bike run. I'll keep u posted though in case u finish ure bike first.

devious_se said:
Nah man bike needs to be good and running before I plan a bike run. I'll keep u posted though in case u finish ure bike first.
awesome! best of luck to you with your build im starting to rebuild my cl's motor at the moment while my parts are in the mail for the other bike hahaha
its my first time so lets hope this goes ok haha

Jahahahaha first time....lol sounds funny. Yes this is a great learning experience for me as well, it deffinately help having dad to guide me. I'm doing all the work. But when I get stuck I do ask for help, so I don't regret it later down the road.

devious_se said:
Jahahahaha first time....lol sounds funny. Yes this is a great learning experience for me as well, it deffinately help having dad to guide me. I'm doing all the work. But when I get stuck I do ask for help, so I don't regret it later down the road.

hahaha i didnt even notice it at first
and yeah my pops (grandpa) is helping me along
but i pride myself in doing all the work if at all possible
did you/are you rebuilding your engine as well?

Only new pistons rings, head and valve train cleaning new cam chain and chain. Everything else. In good working order. I'm just waiting for parts to come in. Then assembling and installing and hopefully it runs...lol

devious_se said:
Only new pistons rings, head and valve train cleaning new cam chain and chain. Everything else. In good working order. I'm just waiting for parts to come in. Then assembling and installing and hopefully it runs...lol

hahaha i know the feeling
i just got done taking apart one of the carbs and man my fingers have never been crossed so tight for the damn things to work
unfortunately this is a project was on the back burner hahaha so its gonna take around a year or so to see if i did it right hahah

I'll be moving from fl to Exeter ca at the end of May. My main ride is a modern triumph Bonnie and I have a 72 kawoski h1 that I will hopefully be able to move with me and get started on out there.
I'm always down to meet new people and do some riding/wrenching/drinking.

Triumphant Bastard said:
I'll be moving from fl to Exeter ca at the end of May. My main ride is a modern triumph Bonnie and I have a 72 kawoski h1 that I will hopefully be able to move with me and get started on out there.
I'm always down to meet new people and do some riding/wrenching/drinking.

well im hoping to set up some sort of meet or ride but im just waiting for more people to surface im sure eventually ill get restless and set something up in the next month or so im always down for new riding buddies and what not

Sounds good man, I'll keep in touch. I'll be out there by the 2nd of June but my bike may not be out there until the 10th.
Maybe we could meet some where on 245(& Boyd?) and ride up to badger for grub. I can also help you get something going if you would like. I did a small vintage bike show here with a couple buddies. Turned out real nice, just a lot of work.
http://www.dimecitycycles.com/dccdiatribe/2010/09/the-1st-annual-2010-bradentucky-burn-up-in-review/

Triumphant Bastard said:
Sounds good man, I'll keep in touch. I'll be out there by the 2nd of June but my bike may not be out there until the 10th.
Maybe we could meet some where on 245(& Boyd?) and ride up to badger for grub. I can also help you get something going if you would like. I did a small vintage bike show here with a couple buddies. Turned out real nice, just a lot of work.
http://www.dimecitycycles.com/dccdiatribe/2010/09/the-1st-annual-2010-bradentucky-burn-up-in-review/

that would be great to meet up somewhere
im not familiar with where thats at but i know where badger is
i would really like to get a show together though
im hoping to stir up some stuff with early model japanese and british bikes etc but i mainly just want like mined individuals to meet up because the area is mostly a hot bed for harley chromers and rubbies
what do you currently ride and how is it set up? (stock, cafe, bob, brat etc)

Sounds great, I'll get in touch when I'm get settled into a new place and my bike arrives. My ride is an '08 Bonnie with minor mods(bars, suspension, paint, pipes, intake). Hoping to something older to toy with when I get established in Ca. I'm really diggin' the idea of having some sort of scrambler to ride the fire roads on.

Triumphant Bastard said:
Sounds great, I'll get in touch when I'm get settled into a new place and my bike arrives. My ride is an '08 Bonnie with minor mods(bars, suspension, paint, pipes, intake). Hoping to something older to toy with when I get established in Ca. I'm really diggin' the idea of having some sort of scrambler to ride the fire roads on.

thats an extremely nice bike
and thats funny that you should say your looking for a scrambler i have a honda cl350 im trying to completley rebuild hahaha
but at the moment im bobbing my kz650h1 in time for a run me and a buddy are doing to arizona
my pops has a royal enfield bullet (indian made) a 1963 R69s and bsa 441 theres a local club for classic bikes in the area but they dont really ride their bikes besides a choice few members mostly garage statues in museum quality which is cool but im really trying to start a more grassroots everyday man group that activly rides and works on their bikes
do you do the work on your bike?

Been doing all my own work, the things I don't know with some supervision in hope of learning. I have to admit I didn't have the desire to wrench at all when I was younger and as a result I'm trying to learn now.
KZ 650 is a sick bike, a good friend of mine had a '78 Kz 650sr. Thing was a blast to ride, here is a little vid of me taking a test ride around my neighborhood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBZmIoc6OJk
Sorry I know it's all speedo and tach.

Back
Top Bottom