Honda CB/CL350 Brat Type Thing

I been pretty busy with buying a Yamaha RD250 off braj and helping Teddy21502 with his build.
But ive got to work on my bike some. I bought some tires and tubes off bradj and i ordered a tail loop from Sonic, which works fantastic. The shipping was super fast. Thanks again.
I had to modify loop for the brat upswept. I wish i got a picture of the Leaning Tower of Pisa that i used to get the bends proper and correct.

Attachments

• IMG_1066.JPG
    IMG_1066.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_1085.JPG
    IMG_1085.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 324
I got the front tire hub, rim and spokes sandblasted, ran under a wire wheel, and then I painted it. Im going to get the tire put on this week. I gotta make it a roller so I can figure out the welds and cuts for the fenders.
Im trying to get this build done by March.

Attachments

• photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    400.6 KB · Views: 306
Not saying this to be critical, and certainly many others have done the same thing, but painting an assembled spoked wheel is never the best route. For a quick and dirty get the bike cleaned up and on the road great, so long as the wheels are true and round. Just if you have the time and inclination, taking the spokes out before you paint and then putting them back together after would be the optimal plan.

I was thinking about buying new spokes, but I ended up getting a RD250. So a lot of my spare money is going towards that. This wheel was true, so I decided to go the lazy route. Ill make a mental note of your advice on future builds. Thanks.

I bought a few bikes in the past few months. However, i just sold one which allowed me all the funds to build a better shop and all the parts to finish this bike. I'm looking at a month time line to finish this. So expect much more updates.

I got the welds for the frame and seat completed. I'm going to put an extension on the tank, so it will clean it up the look, so it wont have a break between the seat and the tank.

I may have to make a rear fender and build a battery box.

Attachments

• IMG_1260.JPG
    IMG_1260.JPG
    326.6 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_1263.JPG
    IMG_1263.JPG
    307.6 KB · Views: 293
Dry fitting. Just gotta figure out how to how I'm going to mount the back fender. Then order a battery, build a box, and its off to be sand blasted and painted.

Attachments

• IMG_1294.JPG
    IMG_1294.JPG
    326 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1293.JPG
    IMG_1293.JPG
    320.9 KB · Views: 309
Since my engine is all cleaned up, in pieces, and waiting to be assembled. I used an extra engine to put in my bike. Im just waiting to get my air filters in the mail before i start building the battery box. Which i should have them in the next day or two.

Attachments

• IMG_1299.JPG
    IMG_1299.JPG
    324.9 KB · Views: 304
I started doing the mods to my tank. I welded some nuts on it, so it can be bolted on. Then, an extension will be welded on the tank, to cover it up and it wont show a break between the tank and the seat. It should clean up the look off it nice.

I finally got my air filters in the mail. So Im going to measure out the battery box this week.

I finally ordered the rest of stuff Im going to need to complete this build, So this bike should be done very very soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1336.JPG
    IMG_1336.JPG
    321.4 KB · Views: 1,190
  • IMG_1337.JPG
    IMG_1337.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_1339.JPG
    IMG_1339.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 1,213
Note to everyone, Do not buy spoke kits from Ebay sent from Taiwan! Just pay the extra bucks an buy them from a legit source.
I bought them 4 months ago, I laced them myself and brought them to the local Motorcycle shop to true them and they said they were too long and all of the were outer spokes and not the mixture that should have been sent.
I went to on Ebay to dispute this and the places store was closed, looks like I gotta go through Paypal...#fuck

4 months ago? I believe that you are screwed.

Can the spokes be trimmed down and used?

That is what I'm going to attempt to do. However all the spokes that were sent were OD spokes, and not any ID spokes, that is what the motorcycle shop told me. So i might be fucked. :/

Could anyone suggest a source that isn't DCC to get spokes from? Ive had problems with them in the past and I don't want to pay 120.00 a tire to spoke them.

that sucks you cant use od spokes on the id as they have too much bend at the end and will not ever stay tite

Since bradj needed the RD250, I bought off him back and decided I needed my bike done a little quicker than its going, I hired him to help me with some welds I needed done. Since where the stock CL350 tank ended and aftermarket seat began looked like shit. I decided it needed a tank extension. We cut up an R5 tank that i got from VonYinzer a few months ago and it turned out pretty awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_1403.JPG
    IMG_1403.JPG
    291.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_1405.JPG
    IMG_1405.JPG
    339.4 KB · Views: 292
Back
Top Bottom