www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Suzuki GR650 Scrambler/Tracker - The Strangler!  (Read 20754 times)

Offline Kolby198

Re: Suzuki GR650 Scrambler/Tracker - The Strangler!
« Reply #70 on: Jun 28, 2017, 21:14:54 »
Hey! Wondering if this thread is still alive. i love what your doing, ive got a gr of my own that im trying to resurrect right now. I was wondering if you know anything about using pod filters?

Offline Cookie

• God help the child who grows out of everything
« Reply #71 on: Jun 28, 2017, 23:38:18 »
Hey! Wondering if this thread is still alive. i love what your doing, ive got a gr of my own that im trying to resurrect right now. I was wondering if you know anything about using pod filters?

Hey there and welcome to DTT!

Generally speaking, the CV carbs on Tempters, DOHC CB's etc. Don't really get along well with pods. A few folks on here have had luck switching to round-slide or flat-slide direct pull carbs but putting pods on CV's will result in driveability concerns and infinite tuning headaches.
* Insert something witty here *

81 CB750C
84 Tempter - well, most of it...

Offline Joe Suzuki

• Everything is Better With Knobbies!
« Reply #72 on: Jul 18, 2017, 14:54:14 »
Still working on it, haven't made much progress as of late.  I had planned on using pods with long runners to try to smooth out the airflow some, along with a rejet.  But it remains to be seen if this will work out well.  My original plan was to fuel inject, but I want to finish the build and get it running again before going that far.  If the carbs end up being a nightmare, I may punt and do the injection (it's a different nightmare I guess...).

Offline Chris9178

« Reply #73 on: Jul 26, 2017, 23:10:22 »
Hey everyone, I'm new to DTT and I also have just purchased an 84 tempter!!  This is my first bike and so far I love the look of it.  There is few problems that need to be fixed for safety.  1. fork seals 2. chain needs to be tightened (may need new sprockets and chain,it looks like the adjuster on swing arm is almost as far as it can go 2 notches left ) 3. Need turn signals in front and replace the rear broken ones (which I've replaced all 4 but now can't figure out the wiring from 3 wire to 2 wire in the rear) I would love to be able to transform this bike to make it look as close to naked as I can.  I live in a small town called Midland about 1.5hrs north of Toronto incase anyone is wondering.

Offline Cookie

• God help the child who grows out of everything
« Reply #74 on: Jul 26, 2017, 23:32:52 »
I know where Midland is! Welcome to DTT Chris, from Kitchener (about an hour west of Toronto).

Swing on over to the Introduction section and introduce yourself.
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2017, 23:34:23 by Cookie »
* Insert something witty here *

81 CB750C
84 Tempter - well, most of it...

Offline Chris9178

« Reply #75 on: Sep 10, 2017, 22:34:38 »
Well been riding the bike to work and saving some money on gas.  But my carbs are a little screwed I need a good reccomendation for a carb kit including a needle jet for this here bike.  I seen one called 6sigma but it doesn't come with a needle jet and I can't seem to find that part anywhere.  Anybody have any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk