From da rainy PNW...

valvesprung

Over 1,000 Posts
Hey everyone...

I'm stoked to of found this forum. I'm a bit of a forum nerd from the VW scene and have been trying to find a home since I got my KZ. I know the KZ isn't the most popular cafe platform, but I bloody love it. It's my first street bike, and truth be told I haven't even got my endorsement (very, very soon).

My bike is a '77 KZ400 that I got as a gift from the guys in my wedding party last summer. She only got 7500 mi. :eek: Prior to my ownership it recieved a flat black paint job and a set of cafe bars. Over the winter we removed the harness and cleaned up the wiring, threw on a bar end mirror, pod filters, cat eye signals, and are just finishing the removal of the rear fender. We built a bracket to mount the tail lamp right up at the back of the seat and to hang the license plate from. The last little bit to do before she's road ready is a shorty muff, tires (V-rated), and a good tune (running a bit rich at the moment). It looks pretty mean right now and I can't wait to get her on the road.

Thanks for the inspiration while she's been down and I'll throw up pics as soon as we finish the taillight mount.

Cheers

P.S. I'm a bit of a Cafe/Rockabilly scene junky ;D

Welcome - don't wait for pics - the in-progress pics are the best part!

Hey welcome "Home" !!!...

CAMON MAN!!... lets see some of the pics!!...(especially before & After)
A lot of the "Brotherhood" ride the KZ here and they have some very very nice bikes...
Im sure that you'll find a lot of content and expertise here for that bike!.
Where are you located?

N

Oh, by the way, do you want a Patch??...(soming very soon...)

Welcome valvesprung.

Love the KZs, as I've had some for over 22 years.
The KZ400 can become a very nice cafe bike.

Here's a sample of where a KZ400 can go:

Sweet bike! What kind of tires are you running. I'd really like to run a much more street/performance oriented tire, but I'm a bit limited by size...

I'm in the Beaverton/Portland area (Oregon) I'd love a patch, and I'll try to snap some pics this weekend if I can get to the shop to work on it.

That's not my bike, the 400. Mines the one in my avatar, a '78 KZ650C. That picture is from another site I frequent.
It was posted on yet another site: www.kz400.com

After this weekends work ;D...

100_0703.jpg

100_0704.jpg

100_0705.jpg

100_0706-1.jpg

100_0707.jpg

Last two things before she's road ready are tires and a slightly less modest muffler ;D

WOW.. nice and clean.. I sure hope you have the parking break engaged on that truck!!.. LOL...

Clean is one thing she isn't at the moment :D

The shop is in the back yard and it keeps gettin my tires dirty... :mad: ;D

Edit: got her running tonight, ran her up my buddies road like a raped date ;D Felt focking awesome. The neighbors cat ran in front of me @ 35mph and it almost met it's demise... :eek:

78kz said:
Welcome valvesprung.

Love the KZs, as I've had some for over 22 years.
The KZ400 can become a very nice cafe bike.

Here's a sample of where a KZ400 can go:

Very Nice... love the blues and greys color scheme.

What do you guys think of me going to a dark metallic green, maybe with a fine gold flake...I love the black, it's totally classic, but I think that a glossy black frame with green would really pop.

Back
Top Bottom