Hollywoodmx's XV920 Tracker - Quick Build

May I offer a suggestion? You have some nice lines here that you could take advantage of with a shape like this:
Virago+Tracker.jpg

This takes the line of your tank and continues it on down until it intersects with the swingarm shock brace. But its a cool build no matter what you end up with!

Joe Suzuki said:
May I offer a suggestion? You have some nice lines here that you could take advantage of with a shape like this:
Virago+Tracker.jpg

This takes the line of your tank and continues it on down until it intersects with the swingarm shock brace. But its a cool build no matter what you end up with!

Yeah it was too late for that I already cut more than that. But we could have tried it first. Here is where its at after some trimming. I still I think it needs to be cut more.

3ymuhavu.jpg

wfo speedracer said:

Thanks man. That's a bit too round for my tastes but thanks for the idea.

I did some tape more moch ups. I think the last one is close. The back and bottom needs trimming regardless I think which is the first photo.

2evygaqu.jpg

2uqe2aja.jpg

uhe8y4e6.jpg

What if you make the front cut, parallel to the swing arm line? Not overlaped as jow suzuki suggested but still having the same angle

DH900sl

dualero said:
What if you make the front cut, parallel to the swing arm line? Not overlaped as jow suzuki suggested but still having the same angle

DH900sl
something like this

eguja9um.jpg

DH900sl

I like the idea of matching the swingarm angle, but the problem is that it will vary as loads change, as you're riding, etc. Seems like it would be better to not match the swingarm line, since it will only be truly matched up a small amount of the time. I like what you were doing with the angle on the back side, I think that makes it look a bit better than the square back end.

IMHO the uber-square lines conflict with the roundness of the tank. I like dua's suggestion, one because of the swingarm angle and two, it forms a smoother transition to the number plate. This bike, particularly with the mini shock and your choice of seat has a great "light" look to the rear end. The large, squarish number plates take away from that.

Again, all of this is my humble opinion. I quite like what you are doing with these two twins.

I love all the feed back from everyone and the moch ups!! I went back to the PC and tried more versions there and settled on this. I think part of the trouble in viewing the moch ups is the different colors of the tank and seat in which the seat stands out to be too big or not matching.The bike is going to black as the main color so I think once the frame, the tank, the seat are all black the vision will come together.

Because of some work commitments and battling the design of the seat I am behind on the getting ready for the power coating. I hope to finish tomorrow now. After that I tackle the gas tank repair.

Attachments

• 20140506_181259 (Medium).jpg
    20140506_181259 (Medium).jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 383
What kills the mock up lines for me is the front guard. Take it off or trim it shorter. Pj

ABCanuck said:
Right on. And paint can change everything when it comes to lines and such. Cheers

I agree. I do have a color and graphics scheme in min too. It's kind of retro. I will post that moch up once I get the painting done.

This bike is also getting the luxury since its not overly focused on performance like my other build.

Attachments

• 20140506_142817 (Medium).jpg
    20140506_142817 (Medium).jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 399
Ya i have to have somewhat of a normal looking number plate for the rear cause its getting numbers.

I finally got the seat cut finalized on the one side of the seat save a couple touch ups. Now I can finish the subframe. I made the battery holder. Seat holder and started doing the subframe aesthetics.

u9eju6a5.jpg

y8ujygun.jpg

yne3edag.jpg

Yes those number plates, even though they are not my suggestion , are looking really good

DH900sl

dualero said:
Yes those number plates, even though they are not my suggestion , are looking really good

DH900sl

Lol. Ya sorry man. Well I have subframe ready save a few welds. Ran out of gas. Then I can box the lower frame.

Stuff should make it to the powder coat people tomorrow!

upa4unas.jpg

8yme9ysa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom