www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: CB360 - OEM+ lets see what happens here.  (Read 16359 times)

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
Re: CB360 - OEM+ lets see what happens here.
« Reply #20 on: Jul 29, 2014, 09:15:23 »
Mine has one RH and one LH because I used a Busa rear set, which uses an LH thread and it was one less linkage part I needed to buy.  I doubt you'll need them to be opposite as long as there is a way to attach both ends of the linkage without having to thread on the rod.  You'll lose adjustment in the rod length, though.  I'm not sure how well the M6 threaded rod will do.  I'm using M5 threaded rod for mine and it wants to flex and bend, which makes makes shifting not so good.  I don't if the M6 will be much stiffer.  The rod you get from Fast From the Past and others is much thicker.  I'm trying to switch mine out as soon as I can find an M5 end (which has not been easy).

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Ben Lewis Creative
« Reply #21 on: Jul 30, 2014, 01:04:30 »
Thanks - That helps a lot.  I see how the right/left thread would help me with adjustability.  I was thinking I would measure/ cut/ tweak/ and leave it.  If that's not a realistic scenario (and it might not be) I may just grab the linkages from DCC (they won't cost any more after shipping) though I don't think they are any different as they are cut to length.  I guess if you have threaded rod and it switches to counter threaded rod in the middle then you can still put RH/LH on each end and cut it to length.  I don't know - I may be talking out of my ass - I usually think with my hands and don't have any bolts/ nuts laying around to play with to work this out.  No matter, I'll be home in a few weeks and can sort it all out there.

I was going to sheath the threaded rod in copper tube, but that won't give me any extra rigidity, so who knows.  Maybe I could beef up the rod a bit - there are a couple of options out there.

Any lines on the exhaust question?  Are there rubber sleeves that make the slide on pipes fit better?  Mine are looser than anyone would think was reasonable.
Love me some old shit that don't run right . . .
75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
2009 MBC Street Fixie
2016 Retrospec Folding Speck
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline Korbin091

• Life on II wheels
« Reply #22 on: Aug 23, 2014, 20:41:27 »

my materials and processes class is way to boring to stay awake through without some extra stimuli so I draw.  This is what I'm going for, but we shall see.

Very attractive.
The complete package is greater that the sum of its parts.

1971 Honda CB350k3
Photobucket Build Gallery

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Ben Lewis Creative
« Reply #23 on: Sep 11, 2014, 01:18:05 »
Thanks! its amazing what gets one in a two hour materials and processes lecture.

At this point I'm short an ignition coil and a gas tank...

I'm closer to getting getting this guy back on the road. I have the cash in the bike bank, I'm just not sure how to spend it.  I'm thinking of having the dents in the 450 tank professionally removed and a solid base color added so that I can hand paint the graphics. I need to reseal it because the old seal peeled off on the trip out (I'm sure the temps in the utility trailer got above 120 on the I-10 and the tank was dry. - maybe that's not why it peeled, but it feels like the reason it did.)

Anyway - Arizona is hot and work is work, and time is scarce (and honestly, I'm a month and a half away from being outside for more than an hour at a time, which bums me out)
75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
2009 MBC Street Fixie
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline Sonreir

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oregon
« Reply #24 on: Sep 15, 2014, 11:49:41 »
XT600 coils are an easy swap.  Same mounting points, but use spade connectors instead of bullet.
Sparck Moto - http://www.sparckmoto.com

Audaces fortuna iuvat.

1977 Honda CJ360 - Café SOS - Stage One™, Café SOS - Stage Two™
1976 Puch Maxi - APuchalypse Now
Suzi T500 Cobra Resto

Custom Gauge Graphics
Custom Wiring Harnesses

DTT Red, White, and/or Black 360 Club - Better than those Blue guys

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #25 on: Sep 15, 2014, 13:06:00 »
... but use spade connectors instead of bullet.
Isn't it better to swap out bullets for spades anyway?  Not the biggest fan of bullets.  I don't trust them to make good connections.

Offline Sonreir

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oregon
« Reply #26 on: Sep 15, 2014, 13:23:05 »
I don't really have a preference, but in my experience the bullets seem to grip a bit better.

The molded plastic connectors with spades are awesome, though.
Sparck Moto - http://www.sparckmoto.com

Audaces fortuna iuvat.

1977 Honda CJ360 - Café SOS - Stage One™, Café SOS - Stage Two™
1976 Puch Maxi - APuchalypse Now
Suzi T500 Cobra Resto

Custom Gauge Graphics
Custom Wiring Harnesses

DTT Red, White, and/or Black 360 Club - Better than those Blue guys

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Ben Lewis Creative
« Reply #27 on: Sep 15, 2014, 18:50:45 »
Thanks guys.  I'll check them out.  i finally got my little outdoor work bench set up1 and the evenings are starting to dip below 100 degrees in the shade.  Should be ready to start putting things right again in the next few weeks.

my crappy set up:

which is a marked improvement over my last set up:

which was a huge improvement over having to bring everything inside my security door before heading upstairs to grab a new beer/take a shit. (Back before I owned the box)

1) still over grass, so I'll have to become much better at not dropping small shite or find a ground pad to put down
75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
2009 MBC Street Fixie
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline Duchat

« Reply #28 on: Sep 16, 2014, 12:24:51 »

Thanks guys.  I'll check them out.  i finally got my little outdoor work bench set up1 and the evenings are starting to dip below 100 degrees in the shade.  Should be ready to start putting things right again in the next few weeks.

In the next few weeks I should be staring down the barrel of 6 months of winter and an unheated garage filled with junk I don't want to touch until spring.

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Ben Lewis Creative
« Reply #29 on: Sep 16, 2014, 15:32:28 »
my 9 month spring is really the benefit of living in Phoenix.  If I miss the winter I can just head north 2 hours to flag staff and go snow surfing.
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2014, 17:11:45 by Cursh »
75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
2009 MBC Street Fixie
www.instagram.com/cursh