www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: CB360 - OEM+ lets see what happens here.  (Read 16640 times)

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Ben Lewis Creative
Re: CB360 - OEM+ lets see what happens here.
« Reply #50 on: Jan 14, 2015, 14:47:18 »
Thanks Eric & deviant.  I was having trouble tracking down the stock dimensions. (impatient me didn't want to wait until I got home to check.)

• Question about battery has been answered.

On to the next one =)
If you see me f**cking up it's because I have no idea what I'm doing. You can either tell me I'm fucking up or watch me find out on my own. Both are appreciated.

75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
2009 MBC Street Fixie
2016 Retrospec Folding Speck
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Ben Lewis Creative
« Reply #51 on: Jan 16, 2015, 01:32:45 »
Whelp. I cut down my rear hoop. Mocked up the length I want to cut the factory fender to, and then went back to work.
If you see me f**cking up it's because I have no idea what I'm doing. You can either tell me I'm fucking up or watch me find out on my own. Both are appreciated.

75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
2009 MBC Street Fixie
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #52 on: Jan 16, 2015, 12:19:44 »
you are insane in the membrane, dude! :D

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Ben Lewis Creative
« Reply #53 on: Jan 25, 2015, 14:54:21 »
Asking this here to keep this build cohesive, but . . . I may put this question in the appropriate sub-forum as well:

I just timed the thing (like spot on timed it up) and I'm worried that when I put the top end back together I didn't line up the timing chain properly . . . with the new coils the bike ran (and pushed itself around) but it was weak. Now I've got the left points closing at LF and the right points closing at F, but the bike won't run at all (sometimes I get a strong kick back from the kickstart, and once or twice I got a few fires and an abrupt stall).

Any help on how to tackle this (or trouble shoot it) is much appreciated. Its been so hot (at least when I first got here) and I've been so busy (since then) that I've become a bit rusty. The high pipes also make doing anything a huge pain in the knuckles.

(checked my crap battery and its holding at 12.4V so that shouldn't be the problem, and there is gas in it. Going to put another gallon or two in just to be safe, but beyond that. I'm at a loss.)
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2015, 14:55:59 by Cursh »

75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
2009 MBC Street Fixie
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #54 on: Jan 25, 2015, 17:46:36 »
Now I've got the left points closing at LF and the right points closing at F, but the bike won't run at all

Points should OPEN on the LF & F.

AND, since you didnt ask for it, Im gonna tell you, easy way to set points.

I like a tight gap, cause it gives her, just that much more time to charge the coils.

1.  set the gap on left point to open spec distance.  I like to start at .12.  I think specs say 12-16.

2.  next, rotate plate til it opens on LF exactly.  snug it down & rotate engine counterclockwise

3.  Then adjust right point gap to open on L, it should (automatically) fall within .12-16 specs. 

If right turns out to be more or less than 12-16, start over w step  1.  Set Left to open .14 gap...and so on

« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2015, 18:25:20 by trek97 »

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Ben Lewis Creative
« Reply #55 on: Jan 26, 2015, 01:33:47 »
Thanks Eric. (as I said, I've become a bit rusty . . . and misplaced my clymer). That explains why she very quickly became more of a runlikeshit type of motorcycle.

75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
2009 MBC Street Fixie
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Ben Lewis Creative
« Reply #57 on: Jan 26, 2015, 12:21:06 »
Nope, that's because it's a 360.

My tuning standards are pretty lax. If the motorcycle has better acceleration than me on my bicycle, and can approach redline then I'm a happy camper. (so far, in 7 years of ownership, that has been true for approximately 8 months.)

75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
2009 MBC Street Fixie
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #58 on: Jan 26, 2015, 20:04:39 »
Clymer = runlikeshit
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2015, 08:21:30 by trek97 »

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Ben Lewis Creative
« Reply #59 on: Jan 27, 2015, 18:29:32 »
Thanks again Eric. =) retuned this morning following your steps and holy hell did she fire right up.

Since page 4 (or at this point, maybe pages 4 and 5) is being dedicated to stupid questions, does anyone know how efficiently step a 3/16 barb up to fit into 1/4" hose? My CB400 four petcock (which otherwise solves my petcock problem) won't work with tubes that fit onto my carbs/ fuel filter/ etc.

I was thinking some sort of fuel safe 3/16 line adhered to the barb with fuel safe liquid gasket stuffed inside the 1/4" fuel line with a hose clamp around the entire thing. Unfortunately gravity is not on my side of this one as I needed the side exit petcock to clear my carburetors with the CB450 tank.

I'm throwing this out there, because I'm certain this is far from the best way to do it. Thinking I could also get some fatty fuel line from auto zone for 3/16" and hog out the 1/4" side with a power drill to make the transition (when I google reducers they were all male to male. i need to male (3/16) to female(1/4) or a female to female.

-Ben.

75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
2009 MBC Street Fixie
www.instagram.com/cursh