Nostalgia Run 2014, Thurmont MD.....

Vince Lupo

Ridden Not Trailered!
A glorious day for the Nostalgia Ride in Thurmont, MD yesterday. Clear blue skies and temps in the mid-70s.

I'd say about 150-200 bikes showed up and participated, and as usual a wide variety was in attendance. Riders could choose between a 60 or a 90-mile route, as well as a ride for 'dual purpose' bikes. I chose the 90-mile route, which took us into Gettysburg and through the battlefield park, as well as some great twisty roads throughout Pennsylvania and Maryland.

Bike ran like a champ today, and total distance for the day was about 244 miles. The new Cappellini oil filter conversion seems to be working fine, and I think I detected a bit more 'oomph' at the rear wheel!

A few photos from the event......

Nostalgia1 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia2 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia3 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia4 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia8 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia9 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia10 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia11 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia12 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia13 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia15 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia17 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia18 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia19 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia20 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia21 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

Nostalgia22 by Vince.Lupo, on Flickr

I know for a fact that there was a 2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100 and a really nice XS750 in amongst those bikes. Ha.

Sorry I missed you this year, Vince.

Good to see you, Al!

That would be my bike. The only mechanical pocket watch I've found that can consistently put up with all the rigors of being mounted on the handlebars is the Ingersoll Triumph (this particular example dates from 1960, and I've had it on the bike for over two years). I've tried nice 'Railroad' movement watches, cheap 'dollar' pocket watches, and the Ingersoll Triumph is the only one that lasts (yes, I have tried quartz-movement watches, but they just don't have the period 'look'). The mount is from PJ Speedos that used to be in Kirk Michael on the Isle of Man. Out of business now, and I think you'll be hard-pressed to find another pocket watch mount of theirs.

Vince Lupo said:
That would be my bike. The only mechanical pocket watch I've found that can consistently put up with all the rigors of being mounted on the handlebars is the Ingersoll Triumph (this particular example dates from 1960, and I've had it on the bike for over two years). I've tried nice 'Railroad' movement watches, cheap 'dollar' pocket watches, and the Ingersoll Triumph is the only one that lasts (yes, I have tried quartz-movement watches, but they just don't have the period 'look'). The mount is from PJ Speedos that used to be in Kirk Michael on the Isle of Man. Out of business now, and I think you'll be hard-pressed to find another pocket watch mount of theirs.

Man, thats cool. Happen to have a picture of the whole bike?

Yep that thread is worth a read if you haven't. best part of Vinces bike is that he rides the thing, in all weather LOL

JustinLonghorn said:
I know for a fact that there was a 2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100 and a really nice XS750 in amongst those bikes. Ha.

Sorry I missed you this year, Vince.

Good to see you, Al!

How'd you miss Vince?

That ZRX1100 is pretty sweet.

Fabulous day. I have had the please of riding with my son this year. He's been riding the wheels off a Nighthawk 250.

1908061_10203906034044185_1018044319999597756_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom