And then there were two.. 1976 GT250 Rebuild

ridesolo said:
Woo hoo! It looks great. You'll get it sorted out. Do it soon though, mosquito season is fast approaching!

Bike looks great and could be the solution to the Zika virus. I wonder if we can get the NIH to fund us to ride around on 2 strokes..

teazer said:
Bike looks great and could be the solution to the Zika virus. I wonder if we can get the NIH to fund us to ride around on 2 strokes..

haha, I pulled out of work in front of a co worker who was on his Road King. Of course, I had to crack on her a bit being as I was in front. We pulled up to the next red light, him a few seconds after me. I said "hard time keeping up on the old Hardly Ableson"? He replied (this with a few expletives removed) "no, I couldn't see for all the smoke"

Two stroke win for the day....

;D ;) The Harley guys didn't like when I rode my RD350 with them too much either;I was 17 at the time and just had to have some fun.

haha honestly me and the "Harley guy" here at the school get along great and we both enjoy ribbing each other about our bikes. Its all in good fun. I rode the suzi into school the other day, and only made it half way before I sucked a chunk of the cheap parts store fuel filter into the carb. Long story short, my roadside repair and lack of paying attention ended with me dumping most of my tank of gas onto the ground. I stuttered a few more hundred feet down the road where I completely ran out of fuel, about two miles from the next nearest gas station. The place I ended up was a BBQ joint owned by a big time "Harley Guy"

He proceeded to walk up to me and...... ask if there was any way he could help. I told him that I was out of fuel, and he immediately jumped in his truck and went down to the gas station and got me a little fuel to put in the bike. When he got back I told him how thankful I was and mentioned something about "helping a guy out on a Suzuki smoker". His reply was "ah heck man, were all bikers, don't matter what you ride" He was just a genuinely good guy even through his gruff "Harley guy" exterior

Also, a lot of Harley guys had other bikes back in the day.....I hear a lot of them talk about loving the bike they had back then and wish they never sold it (whatever it was - kawi/honda/yami)

But super cool of the guy to get you out of the jam

None of us started on a bagger.

Harley riders don't dislike Japanese bikes and I think the "jap bike" thing was mostly because back in the early 70's Americans didn't want the foreign cars and bikes to take jobs... well don't look now but how many jobs did we loose? I think they had a legitimate bitch :-\

Tune-A-Fish said:
bet thats not how it went down later at the bar 8)

haha I made it to work cuz he helped me out, he can say whatever he wants at the bar later

Kamn said:
Also, a lot of Harley guys had other bikes back in the day.....I hear a lot of them talk about loving the bike they had back then and wish they never sold it (whatever it was - kawi/honda/yami)

But super cool of the guy to get you out of the jam

yeah :D

16c27b5b899f209e5c52e3cb5d01e1c0.jpg

1bd96ac8b32ced63829890e3d60ebd81.jpg

9c4224c88a37e6bd389f2553829f3a71.jpg

Made it "up the mountain" by mr.e's place and the the trek to and from the meltdown show was completed under it's own power. I was the only smoker in our group, and some of the guys in the back of the pack sure didnt have a mosquito problem =) ran a little rich up in the mountain air, and still have a few electrical/ignition gremlins to work through.... happy all in all though

Wish I would've made it up that mountain. We got half way up and the monsoon hit. Coming down that jawn with no vision and a sheet of water was nerve wracking.

deviant said:
Wish I would've made it up that mountain. We got half way up and the monsoon hit. Coming down that jawn with no vision and a sheet of water was nerve wracking.

I can only imagine lol honestly, it was a hair nerve wracking in good weather. Lots of steep hair pins on that road. A torque less two stroke was feeling a bit anemic on the way up and I was definitely glad for the brake rebuild on the way back down

Those grades on 26 down the mountain are even bad in a car on dry roads. We'll have to do that drop in the dry next time, as the views are quite spectacular looking over the SC Piedmont.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still have some minor tuning on idle that I can't quite get sorted, but it runs well otherwise. So, I've been riding it every chance I get =) they just completed this bridge on the other end of the county, so it was a good excuse for a ride.

6a3a9ab90e247ce40b437261e3ab5cf9.jpg

Don't you have a GT380 in pieces? Chop chop. Barber isn't getting farther away.

Forgot to post up a while back that I got a neat old set of chambers. Look good, sound good. Win win.
2a9cab5c436042b25e9520b4aabeed71.jpg

Besides I had to cut off the side stand mounts to fit them. I've been buzzing around having to plan my trips with the destination having somewhere to lean the bike up. With barber coming up quickly, I had to get it sorted. Made up a gusset and welded the stand in it's new position.
f86f45a7022a73d52eae7ce1be37c61f.jpg

c56b092b3aabe24a5cda6e9add96c94e.jpg

43da3eca42c0f97db2b2772b2436065d.jpg

31ba7c48569c0b8ea8e5c2f876d24790.jpg

Never thought I'd be so excited to have a side stand again haha. I need to quit being so lazy on some of the small projects.

Back
Top Bottom