You Traded WHAT?

KICKRacing said:
This was a good trade.... for the other person. Nice complete cb.... for a bunch of parts, hmmm
Ha. Yep. I was good for them- two friends, Jenn and E. It got them a titled, roadworthy bike that's a good size for Jenn to ride and got me two good summer projects. There are different ways to judge value on a trade. I wanted to finish what E started with this 750 and I was sick of the 360. If I still had that bike this summer, I would have tore it apart and rebuilt it into something else anyway. Plus, I need the XL250 motor for another project. I don't make this trade with just anybody.

deviant said:
I was sick of the 360. If I still had that bike this summer, I would have tore it apart and rebuilt it into something else anyway.

I dont see anything wrong w doing that.
Im already making some plans for changes to be made next winter. ;)

trek97 said:
I dont see anything wrong w doing that.
Im already making some plans for changes to be made next winter. ;)
Nope. Not if that's something you want to do. I was just not interested in tearing up the 360 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently traded a 65 Bonneville frame, and enough parts to put an engine together for two complete Ironheads, one with a freshly rebuilt engine, that I have café dreams for.

20150508_103915_zps2mpycufx.jpg

J-Rod10 said:
Recently traded a 65 Bonneville frame, and enough parts to put an engine together for two complete Ironheads, one with a freshly rebuilt engine, that I have café dreams for.

Nice Score! That things gonna be sexy

I need to start documenting these on youtube....so my roomate Jim finds a mini laptop in the dumpster behind his work plugs it in and it works! Thing was crap so i told him id trade it boom guitar arrived today been trying to trade for about 4 days...working this up to something motorized

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 426
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 426
Heck you may end up with your own reality show =) others have

I got a Corbin GL1000 seat...

b403034e5e16cb551dc0aef2ace03799.jpg

...and a Dyna ignition for the GL from CharlieT in trade for making two seat covers.

The beauty of the Corbin is not for the top, but instead for the bottom...

1ad3dc13a3286017573df555796b22b4.jpg

This will become a straight seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent $20 on an amp and $7 on a cord ....traded the set up for an 82 305 CSR

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 418
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 416
Finally have something to contribute to this thread. Traded my 99 shadow ace 750 for a solid, running and driving 1979 fiat spider 2000. My wife isn't a fan of riding two wheels, so this is s good compromise.
ca6cc2bfb949ca936eed3f52b660e379.jpg

f2162f9e73e74924563b31c4c5f85fcb.jpg

Nice. I used to have a green '75. Keep ahead of the rust, especially inside the fenders.

deviant said:
Nice. I used to have a green '75. Keep ahead of the rust, especially inside the fenders.
Yeah, dad had a 72 a few years back and it was rotted to almost nothing. This one is starting on the inside flange of the fender wells. Gonna prep and do some rust stopper soon.

Certainly not as cool as some trades on here, but I was completely without transportation and without a scoot for the last 4 years, so this was a lifesaver.
Had a MacBook Pro from '09, and traded with a tech at my company that takes immaculate care of his things for my new scoot. Don't even care that I must look stupid as hell riding around on it. Two wheels is all that matters to me.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 411
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 412
JustinLonghorn said:
An old laptop for a running/rideable scoot? I consider that a win, man.

+1 man. and it doesn't even look that bad. id ride it

Back
Top Bottom