www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: 1974 Honda CL360 Tracker Build  (Read 6145 times)

Offline tjvtyler

Re: 1974 Honda CL360 Tracker Build
« Reply #10 on: Apr 20, 2016, 15:06:21 »
Finally started making some progress. Wheels/Tires are done, tail is done, engine is done and just about all the remaining parts have been ordered. Next up is welding up the rear hoop and then on to electrical. I picked up an M-Unit so hopefully it won't be too complicated.

Offline treitz

« Reply #11 on: Apr 20, 2016, 17:35:28 »
Nice work on that seat pan! Looks great.

Offline Brodie

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
« Reply #12 on: Apr 20, 2016, 22:12:36 »
Looks great, nice work on the tail. Engine looks good as well.

Have you checked those air filters to make sure they are not blocking any of the ports on the carbies? Some of the cheaper pods can block vital ports and make the bike run like crap. They also tend to be more restrictive than a good stock filter.
Grab some K&N or Uni filters. I will make a world of difference for tuning and troubleshooting.
I'm not sure, but don't ask Brodie.

Way to many build and half done projects to list here.
Sr250, Gs750, Z50A, XV1100, A10, Z160A.

Offline sully1987

« Reply #13 on: Apr 21, 2016, 05:28:23 »
Would love to see some updates on the m unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
« Reply #14 on: Apr 21, 2016, 07:52:50 »
Coming along very nicely.

Next carb tear down you should consider sending the bodys off to RestoCycle for a vapor blast... well worth the money for both the detail and function  http://www.restocycle.com/

Similar to your carbs:

"I didn't come here and I ain't leavin"  Willie Nelson

"love hard, live fast, die fun" Kacey Musgraves

"Like a Wreckin Ball!" Eric Church

Offline tjvtyler

« Reply #15 on: Apr 21, 2016, 14:21:50 »
Looks great, nice work on the tail. Engine looks good as well.

Have you checked those air filters to make sure they are not blocking any of the ports on the carbies? Some of the cheaper pods can block vital ports and make the bike run like crap. They also tend to be more restrictive than a good stock filter.
Grab some K&N or Uni filters. I will make a world of difference for tuning and troubleshooting.

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely keep this in mind when I get it up and running.

Offline tjvtyler

« Reply #16 on: Apr 21, 2016, 14:23:18 »
Coming along very nicely.

Next carb tear down you should consider sending the bodys off to RestoCycle for a vapor blast... well worth the money for both the detail and function  http://www.restocycle.com/

Similar to your carbs:

Yeah the carbs are driving me crazy. I will probably end up doing something before I finish this thing up. Refreshing everything else is making them stand out.

Offline tjvtyler

« Reply #17 on: Apr 21, 2016, 14:25:57 »
Nice work on that seat pan! Looks great.

Thanks treitz! It was my first shot at fiberglass and though it took a lot longer than it probably should have, I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Would love to see some updates on the m unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be sure to chronicle my M Unit endeavors!

Offline Zweihammer

« Reply #18 on: Apr 24, 2016, 00:23:24 »
Great vision you have for your CL, your tracker tail looks trick. Are you going to try adding your number plates into it as a single unit?
I had an old, 60's tracker body given to me back in the 80's, when I was a teenager. It was one piece, tank, seat, numbers and tail. It was fiberglass molded with heavy, bass boat, silver flake and candy purple accents. I hated it and traded it for a TS185.
I so wish I had it today, I would build a whole bike around it.
Your photoshop reminds me of it.

Offline tjvtyler

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 12:53:12 »
Great vision you have for your CL, your tracker tail looks trick. Are you going to try adding your number plates into it as a single unit?
I had an old, 60's tracker body given to me back in the 80's, when I was a teenager. It was one piece, tank, seat, numbers and tail. It was fiberglass molded with heavy, bass boat, silver flake and candy purple accents. I hated it and traded it for a TS185.
I so wish I had it today, I would build a whole bike around it.
Your photoshop reminds me of it.

Thanks, I'm glad you dig it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the number plates yet. I just got the engine in last night. Going to start piecing it together to get everything working as it should before I tear it down and paint the frame/tank/tail.