DTT British ride out

Harrison9757

Having had interest in this idea I figured it would be courteous to create its own topic rather than spam herbertD's thread.

For anybody interested in a meet up/ride tag your self in here and let us know where you are and where you would be willing to travel to and we can pick a mutual spot for best results.

Cheers,
Sam

Im merseyside area, could be interested depending on location.

I'm on the Yorkshire coast, see what we can do when it warms up.

Another Yorkshire fella here too in Leeds, need something to look forward to :) hopefully get my latest project running :p lets make it happen, some great places on the east coast 8)

I knew we'd have some good interest. I'm in the midlands and willing to travel to pretty much anywhere. I'm envisioning a good start to the riding season in the new year after my engine rebuild.

Slightly late to the party here but I would love to travel for a ride out. It seems like you guys are leaning to midlands/north but i'm happy to travel, I have mates in West Yorkshire.

Hi fellas,

I'm going to take my Ace to the Shelsley Walsh Bike festival on 4th September.

https://www.shelsleybikefestival.co.uk/

I'm going to camp and do the two runs up the hill (Shelsley walsh is a hillclimb venue). Should be a laugh - don't even know if I'll have enough tourque to get up the hill.

Might be a good chance to get some Aces together.

Rob J

Realistically,the midlands or south / south west would suit me best. Last weekend I took the ACE from Devon to the midlands and back in two days, covering 400 miles in the process, and survived to tell the tale! Apart from having to stop every hour just to stretch my legs (Being 6"3") and fill up approximately every 100 miles, it went like a dream. In fact, coming back on the M5 motorway, i had the benefit of a 30 knot tailwind, so had the rare occurrence of overtaking cars in the fast lane (circa 70mph +!)

Most of the UK is a long way from Devon, last we had a holiday in Croyde, I think it took about 6 hours to get there from Suffolk thanks to traffic.

You missed it again folks, maybe have a go 2018 ???
I left Manchester 10am Fri30th for 123mile 5h ride up to guisborough via stunning Yorkshire dales, nidderdale, north York moors
Met 26others for Coast2Coast Sat1st Redcar to Whitehaven. Seaside hotel at St.Bees this year, majority ride back east on Sun. I headed home via Lakes n Forest of Bowland.
So that's another 415miles on the Ace n nothing vibrated loose this time :D

For more info n to register see www.boundary500.co.uk , and facebook, "The Boundary 500 Motorcycle Group"
raise funds for the north air ambulance service, and zoe's place baby hospice

Yep, definitely up for a meet / trip, from sunny Manchester base

Too short notice maybe, but am partaking in annual coast to coast again 2jul2016
Early start 7am ish from beacon on Redcar prom , with plenty of stops for bfast / lunch / tea n choc biscuits enroute to Whitehaven arrival 7pm ish !
Onto beers n B&B

Fancy dress optional! , excellent back roads route, supported by outriders even a van and a trailer last year.
140miles n circa 30bikes

I head back to Manchester the next day via Lakes n Hardknott Pass , others ride back to the North East

More info and pics at www.boundary500.co.uk/challenges/coast-to-coast

Www.boundary500.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/m_1.jpg

Attachments

• P_20160613_182415.jpg
    P_20160613_182415.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_20170704_125733.jpg
    IMG_20170704_125733.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 247
  • IMG_20170704_125306.jpg
    IMG_20170704_125306.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 246
momomoey said:
You missed it again folks, maybe have a go 2018 ???
I left Manchester 10am Fri30th for 123mile 5h ride up to guisborough via stunning Yorkshire dales, nidderdale, north York moors
Met 26others for Coast2Coast Sat1st Redcar to Whitehaven. Seaside hotel at St.Bees this year, majority ride back east on Sun. I headed home via Lakes n Forest of Bowland.
So that's another 415miles on the Ace n nothing vibrated loose this time :D

For more info n to register see www.boundary500.co.uk , and facebook, "The Boundary 500 Motorcycle Group"
raise funds for the north air ambulance service, and zoe's place baby hospice

Yep, definitely up for a meet / trip, from sunny Manchester base

Too short notice maybe, but am partaking in annual coast to coast again 2jul2016
Early start 7am ish from beacon on Redcar prom , with plenty of stops for bfast / lunch / tea n choc biscuits enroute to Whitehaven arrival 7pm ish !
Onto beers n B&B

Fancy dress optional! , excellent back roads route, supported by outriders even a van and a trailer last year.
140miles n circa 30bikes

I head back to Manchester the next day via Lakes n Hardknott Pass , others ride back to the North East

More info and pics at www.boundary500.co.uk/challenges/coast-to-coast

Www.boundary500.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/m_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom