Hello from sunny South Africa - stock standard SR250

DerwentSharpe

n5oEofz.jpg

Hi there, just a quick introduction... My name is Peter, 20, recently upgraded my primary transport from a mountain bike to my first motorcycle. The joy of going places and not feeling like you need to shower at your destination is glorious!

The bike is a 2009 Yamaha SR250 (239cc) with two previous owners, and when I bought it, there were just under 9000km on the clock, I've added about 1000km since. There's a small amount of rust on the chromed parts due to being stored near the sea and there's a bit of corrosion where the clearcoat is coming off the aluminium, but other than that she's in almost perfect condition.
In the first week I changed the oil and replaced the oil filter, and because the stock handlebars felt really awkward, I put some cheap MX handlebars on. Other than the handlebars she is 100% standard.

The plan for now is to just ride it for the next few months and get a feel for what I like about it and what I don't. It definitely won't be a full teardown build like most on the forum, but I'll still have a ton of questions as I slowly mod and fabricate my way through it.

Shot. //

Hey there Peter.
Taylor, 23, Also SA. Like the Bike man. I'm on a 78 Honda cb400t. Glad to see SA represented.

Attachments

• IMG_20151022_162607.jpg
    IMG_20151022_162607.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 223
Great bike to start with. It can be made to absolutely sing. With some mode it will handle like a small GP bike. Look in my sig.

I'm familiar with your cafe hotrod thread... ;) it's probably how i found out about DTT, i somehow came across a picture of yours in a random google image search and followed the link back to the forum.
Yours is a really awesome build, and it is really inspiring to see what can be done with the SR250.
cosworth said:
Great bike to start with. It can be made to absolutely sing. With some mode it will handle like a small GP bike. Look in my sig.

DerwentSharpe said:
Hey Taylor, sweet bike!!! Looks beautiful there... is that on the east coast?

Thanks man. Its in the middle hey. Took that Photo in Sedgefield, close to Knysna. I'm in CT now though.

DerwentSharpe said:
I'm familiar with your cafe hotrod thread... ;) it's probably how i found out about DTT, i somehow came across a picture of yours in a random google image search and followed the link back to the forum.
Yours is a really awesome build, and it is really inspiring to see what can be done with the SR250.

Wow, I'm flattered!

Hey man, thanks!
Likewise!
I think we have quite a large motorcycle community here in S.A. We just need to start jumping on the forums lol

Back
Top Bottom