FZR600 Neo-Cafe

And...

Attachments

• WP_20161203_14_02_15_Pro (2).jpg
    WP_20161203_14_02_15_Pro (2).jpg
    792.3 KB · Views: 285
Yeah, in due course. I'll get the bike complete and running then there'll be a second round of refining little points like that. For now they stay in the interests of budget.

Things are progressing, albeit slowly because of the sub zero temperatures and my shoulder injury.

Continued to strip the engine, readying the cases for painting. I'm thinking the side cases in a satin black, and the main castings in a black wrinkle finish. Sexy.

I've finished painting the seat unit and laid on then first coat of clear. I wanted to use spray max, but it's horrifically expensive over here and I'm building this in my works pension, several hours surfing the internet revealed the existence of Rust-oleum Hard Hat paints. High solids content, it's supposed to be super tough, intended as it is for industrial pipework, and lb. for lb. the clear lacquer costs about 1/4 that of spray max.

So I've ordered some and today layer on then first layer. According to the label it's 11/10 on the scale of planet murdering nasties, always the sign of a decent paint;) It goes on thick and smooth, just like me. I'll lay on a few more coats, and hopefully it lives up to its super tough billing and proves more resilient than regular auto spray lacquer. I'll report back on that one.

since it isn't likely to get fuel on it you should be ok. I know the spraymax is 100% fuel proof. I spill fuel on the cx tank almost every fill up and just wipe with a paper towel, it still looks like it did 3 years ago.

As always, Maritime is wise. Were I doing the tank then i'd have manned up and got my change purse out.

Paint done, just needs to cure for final flat and polish.

Attachments

• WP_20161215_11_50_47_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161215_11_50_47_Pro.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 273
Slight delay this week, after my car caught fire last night. I'm going to be busy sorting out that mess before turning my attention back to the Fizzer.

On the plus side it was only a 12 year old Kia and no one was hurt, so it's not a hardship, just a temporary embuggerance.

The ashen remains are being hoisted away tomorrow, and the following day it's replacement arrives. Virtually brand new in comparison, an 11 year old Ford Fusion.

I am post indeed. Our main car is a 66 plate, new one every 3 years (thanks Motability ;) )

I have zero love for or interest in cars, just so long as they're fairly reliable and cheap to run. That said, I do much prefer driving them when they're not on fire.

Back
Top Bottom