Hi guys

Arthurteel44

Hi fellas! My name is Arthur I'm 20 years old and pretty ignorant about motorcycle repair and what not, I'm very willing to learn. Anybody have some helpful tips? Tricks? Places to get parts. I have a 79 cb750 not sure what trim I'd probably need some help figuring that out too! Thanks fellas! 8).

Welcome Arthur! I'm pretty new to the forums too. A lot of good people in here. Check out dime city cycles. They are one of my favorites when lurking for parts. Awesome people over there also

Just google DOHC CB Cafe if you need inspiration. Welcome aboard.

My first bike was a CB750 as well, a '78 SOHC K model purchased when I was 22 years old. A couple pieces of advice? Well, start by getting the factory Honda service manual. The Haynes and other aftermarket manuals are pretty good, but there are some variances. You should also be able to find the factory manual for free download in PDF format. It is very handy to have printed and bound for reference, and makes it easy to tag important sections for quick ref.

Next piece: don't do anything (maintenance or otherwise) without understanding how and why you're doing it. A lot of mods you'll see and be inspired by have a net negative effect on performance and handling. Know the difference between which mods are truly upgrades and which are just for show. It's fine to like the way a bike looks, but if it risks the performance or safety of your ride, it ain't worth it.

Third: have fun with it. If it becomes frustrating, don't be afraid to ask questions. And don't get defensive or take it personally if some of the answers aren't what you want to hear. People have very strong opinions about what makes a good motorbike, especially one like yours which are both plentiful and popular. It would be wise to listen to most of them, some can be taken with a grain of salt.

So my bike is pretty much torn apart at the moment the guy I bought it from was in the process of making it a cafe style bike. Anyways I'm digging into the wiring harness and it's a huge pain to untangle, is there a better way to do this?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 199
Looks like you picked a real winner for a first project....

General rule of thumb for newbies: try before you buy. If it isn't running and you don't know what you're doing it's gonna take you 10x as long, 10x as much heartache, and probably 10x as much $$$$$. Good luck

Hi! Welcome to the forum!!

Are you planning on doing a cafe style bike, or are you looking to restore it to original?

My suggestion... If you're going to cafe it, find you a bare bones wiring diagram and wire it up with the basics. It'll be simpler, and you'll learn your wiring system as you do it.

If you're going to do a restoration, you might want to look at the price of a NOS harness. That way you know that it is new and has no problems.

Just my opinion is all.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom